Committed Antonio Reeves, 6-3, SG, Chicago Simeon

Bird Friend

2019 - Antonio Reeves, 6-3, SG, Chicago Simeon
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/antonio-reeves
https://twitter.com/scottybscout/status/1107406339192639489

SgtHulka

https://twitter.com/__tonioo_/status/1107416111165947905?s=19

cpacmel

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2019/03/07/2019-chicago-sun-times-all-area-basketball-team/amp/
Antonio Reeves
Simeon, 6-4, G, Sr.

All-City Second team. Possibly the city’s best dual threat, able to score effectively in the post and on the perimeter. Chicago native arrived at Simeon this season after winning a state title in Arizona as a junior Averaged 21.7 points, 6 rebounds and 3 assists

ChiRedbirdfan

Loyola got a few signees on the Sun Times All-Area basketball team and may have an interest in a 3rd player...unfortunately it is the PG ISU just offered. Hopefully ISU can close the deal before Loyola gets
more involved. Edit...good news is that it appears that Loyola may have trouble getting the PG admitted to Loyola due to grades.

ChiRedbirdfan

About a 95% chance that Tai Strickland transfers from Wisconsin. Rod Strickland's son that is not in a position to get much pt due to badger depth at pg. He would be a great PG in the MVC. Unfortunately will probably will see him end up in the AAC. Who knows...get out there ISU and try to snag him!

V Boy

Jesus Shuttlesworth said:
Can he ball?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Saw him play against Brother Rice in regional final. Think he had around 20 pts. He can score. Nice shooting touch especially around the rim. Lot of floater/tear-drop type shots. He is not afraid.

Physically he needs to get stronger; but his skill level is high.

He’s taller than Jefferson and better around the rim. Quicker first-step than Copeland and better off the ball.

He’s a 2G.

Would be a good Valley player.

ChiRedbirdfan

V Boy said:
Jesus Shuttlesworth said:
Can he ball?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Saw him play against Brother Rice in regional final. Think he had around 20 pts. He can score. Nice shooting touch especially around the rim. Lot of floater/tear-drop type shots. He is not afraid.

Physically he needs to get stronger; but his skill level is high.

He’s taller than Jefferson and better around the rim. Quicker first-step than Copeland and better off the ball.

He’s a 2G.

Would be a good Valley player.

I though of him as more of a two but that was only based upon one game (vs Curie). I do know that Simeon collapsed against Curie big time in that last 1:30 in large part because Simeon did not seem to have guards that could handle the pressure. So much chaos towards the end of that game that i have no recall how Reeves performed as I was watching the K State recruit and the two simeon players that Illinois offered (that frosh, aj casey, looks like he could become a beast for Simeon). I wish I had known that Reeves was the player Muller was recruiting as I would have paid more attention to his game. Again a little buzz that academic qualification MAY be an issue but lets hope he has done some work this year to shore up his academic profile.

Birdman85

Scott Burgess

@scottybscout
now
9 seconds ago

More
Simeon 2019 SG Antonio Reeves @__tonioo_ taking official to Illinois St this weekend @RedbirdRecon

Redbird Alum 2004

Birdman85 said:
Scott Burgess

@scottybscout
now
9 seconds ago

More
Simeon 2019 SG Antonio Reeves @__tonioo_ taking official to Illinois St this weekend @RedbirdRecon

Here we go. Let's close this kid.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
The actual tweet so it's not as hard to read.

https://twitter.com/scottybscout/status/1111664617418383360?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

cpacmel

https://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com/2019/04/02/updating-the-recruitments-for-top-uncommitted-senior-prospects/

Antonio Reeves, Simeon

The résumé: After transferring back to Chicago from Arizona for his senior year, Reeves made the most of his return. He averaged 21 points a game for a Simeon team that won a sectional championship.

The talent: Reeves boasts size and length on the perimeter and is wired to score. He’s a 6-5, shot-making guard with three-point range.

The recruitment: The most overlooked prospect remaining on the board, Reeves took an official visit to Illinois State last weekend.

“It went well, better than expected,” says Reeves, who said he was able to play with the players and visit with the school’s business department. “I had a lot of fun down there.”

Southern Illinois has also started to make inquiries as Reeves says “he’s in no rush and will take my time” with the recruiting process this spring.

JHBird

If he played ball with the projected team for next year I hope he didn't dominate them! Hopefully he sees that he has a chance to play early here given our guard situation. Looks like somebody we need to sign. We got a nice business building here, so that should help.

cubird

Think he has at least one visit to another school this week.

Adunk33

Staff member
SIU getting involved. Shocker. Must've been a Mullins kid.

Metamoron

What does it mean when a recruit says his visit “Went better than expected”? I went with my kids on recruiting trips (D3) and it was always “had a good time”, “liked what a saw” “liked the team”,etc it positive or “not a good fit”,etc if didnt like.

“Better than expected”? I hope just an odd choice of words from someone taking their first visit.

Metamoron

Just realized how negative that last post sounds. Didn’t mean it that way. Antonio good luck on your recruitment and I hope you find a place where you are comfortable ISU can be that place. It was for me.

Good luck.

JHBird

I think most recruits have a certain perception of Illinois State and the town of Normal. Brock Spack always said that if they can get a recruit to take a visit they are usually surprised by how nice it is here. I interpret his comment as not having the highest of expectations, but only he really knows what he meant. Maybe he didn't think we were that serious about him and we changed his mind. I think hanging out with and playing some basketball with your potential teammates could also be a good mind changer. You can at least get an idea of how you might fit in.

I think Adunk was right about Mullins recruiting him. SIU probably has an inside track, especially with all those seniors graduating, plus a new coaching staff always has that new energy thing going.

Metamoron, by the way you can edit your post if you regret something. I do that a lot!

Top Bottom