AJ Green enters the portal

Sanantoniobird

At first, didn't really think this was a serious move and just an experiment, but the IaSU connection is a HUGE factor. Good luck AJ!

BirdGrad2011

That thread is something else. Noah Carter’s family is going off. Also, Noah’s dad was pimping him to other programs before Noah went in the portal. Sounds like they’ll be better off without those clowns.

Bird Friend

Staff member
Green just doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s NBA material, but I haven’t seen him play against elite college players so I could be wrong. Who knows? Larry Bird was slow and couldn’t jump, but he seemed to do okay.

Rollbirds5

That thread is something else. Noah Carter’s family is going off. Also, Noah’s dad was pimping him to other programs before Noah went in the portal. Sounds like they’ll be better off without those clowns.

That’s a fun read, his dad, brother, sister, and cousin all in on it.

Seven

Amazing that UNI simply tweeting out AJ's message provoked a firestorm from the Carter family because UNI didn't tweet out Noah's message.

I think anyone who has played sports has vivid memories about that "one delusional family" everyone on the team told crazy stories about to each other. I could only imagine the discussions UNI player families have with each other about the Carter family.

cubird

With 2 hip surgeries, is he quick enough to guard in the NBA?

ILLST25

Amazing that UNI simply tweeting out AJ's message provoked a firestorm from the Carter family because UNI didn't tweet out Noah's message.

I think anyone who has played sports has vivid memories about that "one delusional family" everyone on the team told crazy stories about to each other. I could only imagine the discussions UNI player families have with each other about the Carter family.

His dad doing his best imitation of Lavar Ball

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Green just doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s NBA material, but I haven’t seen him play against elite college players so I could be wrong. Who knows? Larry Bird was slow and couldn’t jump, but he seemed to do okay.
I mean Larry Bird of the 80's could not play in todays NBA.

stats

I mean Larry Bird of the 80's could not play in todays NBA.
I think he would be a worse defender in today's game being forced to guard the perimeter. In today's game, I also think he might be even a better scores, passer and rebounder. There are so many long rebounds in today's game, he seemed to always know where the ball was going. I might be wrong on how good he would be, but I'm pretty sure a team could find room for him.

bombay

Bird would be sensational in any era.

The current 2 time MVP is no faster or quicker than Bird was. Great skills and basketball IQ will always trump raw athleticism.

Anyone remember Bobby Herron?

Last edited:

RBFANTOO

I saw Bird play at Horton Wow I bet he can still shoot

I also saw him play at Horton. He was a man amongst boys. Bird could make a shot from anywhere including the locker room.

Excited Lets Go GIF

Top Bottom