Advertising poll

How do you feel about ads on RBF?

• Hate them. I'll leave the site if you add them, no matter where from

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fine, but only local ones

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Ads are fine, can be from anywhere, as long as they are not obtrusive (i.e. only at top/bottom of pa

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Ads are fine, can be anywhere on the page from anywhere (i.e. middle of posts, left/right sides)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I LOVE POPUPS!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, I'd like to ask about ads and this site.

I know the preference is NO ADS! GAHHHH! but while it's not a lot of money, its not free to run the site. So please pick one of the options or if you have different option, leave a comment. I can't see who answers what unless you type a comment.

Thanks!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Bump to see if we can get more votes. I know there are more than 9 of you there. Don't make me post it in basketball and football. :D

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
TIMMY said:
Sanantoniobird said:
I think the only ad you should have is a paypal link where we can donate to the site.
Great Idea
I think that would work fine for a month or so, but then once people donated, they'd be done. That would be the end of it. At least with ads, I know I'm getting a yearly or monthly payment and I know what it is.

I'm not against the donate link, I'm just worried about six or twelve months from now.

Sanantoniobird

isuquinndog said:
TIMMY said:
Sanantoniobird said:
I think the only ad you should have is a paypal link where we can donate to the site.
Great Idea
I think that would work fine for a month or so, but then once people donated, they'd be done. That would be the end of it. At least with ads, I know I'm getting a yearly or monthly payment and I know what it is.

I'm not against the donate link, I'm just worried about six or twelve months from now.
I don’t think people here would mind a gentle reminder every 6 or 12 months, knowing what it’s going toward. I guess it would depend on your tolerance of sending reminders.
I honestly don’t mind if ads were added, I generally use Tapatalk, and it’s that way already.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Sanantoniobird said:
isuquinndog said:
TIMMY said:
Great Idea

I don’t think people here would mind a gentle reminder every 6 or 12 months, knowing what it’s going toward. I guess it would depend on your tolerance of sending reminders.
I honestly don’t mind if ads were added, I generally use Tapatalk, and it’s that way already.

That's true. I made a whopping $5.50 from tapatalk ads last month!

birdballfan

I would much rather have some type of nominal set fee to use the site than ads!!! Do you remember the song "Signs" Signs, signs everywhere are signs blocking out the scenery breaking my mind! Well in todays world its ads!!!

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
If I could implement something like that easily maybe I'd consider it, but the forum software just isn't set up to do that.

Same with a chat, much to cpacmel's chagrin.

Top Bottom