2021 Attendance

Dmills

Why are the guidelines different for stadium capacity for football vs baseball? Without getting into any politics. It has just been really frustrating to me because I thought there was a good chance I'd be able to enjoy a few games at the ballpark. 10% capacity for baseball vs. 20% capacity for football. Is there anything we can do to change that? I would definitely pay $10 a game if that's what it took.

JHBird

I hear ya, I couldn't even watch the soccer game this weekend. It looks like it's more of a state guideline. So only 100 people can watch a baseball game, which means only family members.

NORMAL, Ill. – The Illinois State Athletics Department, in conjunction with University, state and local officials, announced Wednesday that fan access at Redbird softball, soccer and baseball contests on campus this spring will be limited to player guests only (100 per game per sport). All protocols are subject to change.

Dmills

I hear ya, I couldn't even watch the soccer game this weekend. It looks like it's more of a state guideline. So only 100 people can watch a baseball game, which means only family members.

NORMAL, Ill. – The Illinois State Athletics Department, in conjunction with University, state and local officials, announced Wednesday that fan access at Redbird softball, soccer and baseball contests on campus this spring will be limited to player guests only (100 per game per sport). All protocols are subject to change.
I'm just really confused why it is a set number for spring sports while football is a percentage of capacity. But I guess no one is likely to have the answer on here. Would love to go to a soccer game as well, made it to a few last year. It is really too bad we can't attend. It does seem consistent with other schools across the state just from what I've seen. It is just difficult for me to understand what difference it makes between outdoor football and outdoor baseball/softball/soccer. The only thing I can even think of is ticket revenue benefits of having more football fans. But I do not think that could possibly be the reason since the capacity guidelines are for the most part coming from IDPH I would assume.

RedbirdSoxFan

Cubs & Sox are going to be allowed 20% capacity.
Why can’t college and high school be allowed the same?

Dmills

Cubs & Sox are going to be allowed 20% capacity.
Why can’t college and high school be allowed the same?
Today it was announced that high school outdoor sports can have 20% capacity, so that's great news for them.

Here's the article I read:

RedbirdSoxFan

Today it was announced that high school outdoor sports can have 20% capacity, so that's great news for them.

Here's the article I read:
How many are allowed @ Hancock?

JHBird

I'm just really confused why it is a set number for spring sports while football is a percentage of capacity. But I guess no one is likely to have the answer on here. Would love to go to a soccer game as well, made it to a few last year. It is really too bad we can't attend. It does seem consistent with other schools across the state just from what I've seen. It is just difficult for me to understand what difference it makes between outdoor football and outdoor baseball/softball/soccer. The only thing I can even think of is ticket revenue benefits of having more football fans. But I do not think that could possibly be the reason since the capacity guidelines are for the most part coming from IDPH I would assume.
what's really crappy about soccer is they have that thing hanging on the fence so you can't see in, which is irrelevant since it costs nothing to get in. So you can't even watch from afar. They could at least take that down for the season, especially north of the field were you park for baseball. Perfect for viewing since it's above the field.

Dmills

what's really crappy about soccer is they have that thing hanging on the fence so you can't see in, which is irrelevant since it costs nothing to get in. So you can't even watch from afar. They could at least take that down for the season, especially north of the field were you park for baseball. Perfect for viewing since it's above the field.
Oh I didn't realize they put that up this year. That is too bad. They could've been forced to do that, but who knows.

Top Bottom