2019 Thomasville (GA) C Titus Wright

@VerbalCommits: 2019 Thomasville (GA) C Titus Wright has received an offer from Illinois State. (HT @AlbEliteTigers) @titus_wright10 http://verbalcommits.com/players/titus-wright

redblood

Going up against the usual top programs for our guys...Canisius, Alabama St, UT Hyphen something or another. Looks like another recruiting trip to nice warm weather for our coaches. Good grief plenty of 2 star diamond in the rough guys in Illinois

birdlife

according to this, he only qualified as of Mar 22. so that could be why no one else has been interested.
https://twitter.com/AlbEliteTigers/status/1109248781348995072

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
Nope, can't be. We only go up against low majors. Don't put other factors that no one here knew about into a discussion slamming Dan. How dare you.

SgtHulka

Looks too much like Ron Funches. Pass

Actually, I like that. Go get him Dan!

TIMMY

isuquinndog said:
Nope, can't be. We only go up against low majors. Don't put other factors that no one here knew about into a discussion slamming Dan. How dare you.
:text-+1:
This is the big butt kid this team has needed for a while now. He seems to be a decent shot who can rebound and defend the post. He's also a good student who struggled like so many taking a stupid standardized test. I'm really hopeful on this one.

DannyCooksey

i like this kid.

good hands. quick feet. can score with the left or the right. soft touch.

a year or so in the weight room with a good diet and this kid could be a tough guy to stop. would pair nice with Rey's defense and rebounding ability.

Redbird Alum 2004

I like this kid too. Very smooth and good foot work. Love that he can already use both hands. If we can I say get him. Our depth at big can be gone with a foot fracture so more the merrier.

Birdman85

I like it. A big that we don't have to teach to catch the ball or put on weight.

Bird Friend

Birdman85 said:
I like it. A big that we don't have to teach to catch the ball or put on weight.

Just need to convert some of that weight to muscle.

redblood

isuquinndog said:

Apparently most the guys Dan recruits are non-qualifiers, sorry to ruffle feathers. I follow verbal commits regularly and the programs we compete with for recruits this is the norm, not the exception.

Bird Friend

redblood said:
isuquinndog said:

Apparently most the guys Dan recruits are non-qualifiers, sorry to ruffle feathers. I follow verbal commits regularly and the programs we compete with for recruits this is the norm, not the exception.

Nah, it's not the norm, but it's not unusual. Three things to consider:
  • 1. VC removes players from a team's list when the player (or team) says the team is no longer on that player's list. So there are a number of players who the Birds offered but are no longer considering the Birds. Those are usually guys Dan got in on early, but the kid "blew up" and went P5.
  • 2. Dan has repeatedly recruited guys who never make it on to VC's ISU list, so it's not a good assumption that these are the only guys the Birds have offered. (Fayne is an example of a guy who VC didn't know about until he verballed to the Birds).
  • 3. Dan is also willing to take a flyer on guys who he thinks may have potential down the line. Granted, not many have worked out, but there's always hope in Dan's mind that one of them will.

RBFANTOO

TIMMY said:
isuquinndog said:
This is the big butt kid this team has needed for a while now. He seems to be a decent shot who can rebound and defend the post. He's also a good student who struggled like so many taking a stupid standardized test. I'm really hopeful on this one.
Yes

Attachments

• coke machine.jpg
    coke machine.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 2,520

Adunk33

Staff member
Looks a little different now...

https://twitter.com/AlbEliteTigers/status/1117430350018433024

Redbird Alum 2004

Really hoping this kid signs with the birds. It would be interesting to see what he could do after he gets in our weight program.

HT59

Redbird Alum 2004 said:
Really hoping this kid signs with the birds. It would be interesting to see what he could do after he gets in our weight program.

Top Bottom