2019 Quarterfinals vs NDSU (Dec 14th, 11am CST)

fourthandshort

saw this game time announced on AGS

Now who was the idiot who pointed out we play poorly when we start noon or earlier !!!!!! :mrgreen:

fourthandshort

so according to frustrated Bison fans during and after their game with Nicholls St yesterday ... the weakness in Bison defense is supposedly right up the middle. Apparently, theyre a little soft there and they are so good laterally, that they leave their middle exposed at times.

Now they could be playing me ... but it sounded legit. At one point earl in Q3, Nicholls St was down 14-13 before NDSU pulled away and won by 24 ... but its amazing how fast their fan base gets ugly when things don't go their way ... sort of like ... "f-ck the 7 Nattys in 8 yeara, and the undefeated record this year, we are absolute garbage !!!". We think we have negative fans who only come out of the woodwork when things are going wrong .. it doesn't even compare to Bison when things are going wrong.

Anyways, supposedly they are weak up the middle if you can mix it up enough and find those holes. Jefferson went from 7 to 11 passes .. would love to see 15 passes this week. Would also like him to learn to SLIDE EARLIER AND OFTENER please !!!

Birdswin

Right here on the game times - and you did not have it correct. That was for HOME games that started at NOON. Nothing about road games. Those are statistical facts period.

Anyhow, I am glad we are playing on Saturday versus Friday night - especially with this being finals week. I find it strange the other three games are on Friday night.

How overrated was Sacramento State if Austin Peay - co-champion with SEMO to go out to California and give quite the beat down to Sac St?????? Shows that SIU did get screwed Big Time and that the committee got the seedings Wrong.

drewherridge1

Birdswin said:
Right here on the game times - and you did not have it correct. That was for HOME games that started at NOON. Nothing about road games. Those are statistical facts period.

Anyhow, I am glad we are playing on Saturday versus Friday night - especially with this being finals week. I find it strange the other three games are on Friday night.

How overrated was Sacramento State if Austin Peay - co-champion with SEMO to go out to California and give quite the beat down to Sac St?????? Shows that SIU did get screwed Big Time and that the committee got the seedings Wrong.

And saying we are “last four in.” Lol

fourthandshort

Birdswin said:

good recovery with your explanation .. didn't you also infer that only applied in regular season too ????

:lol:

fourthandshort

drewherridge1 said:
Birdswin said:

I don't mind people thinking based solely on the last 2 regular season games, that we were possibly one of the 4 worst playoff bids given how we were playing at END OF SEASON. That wasn't the problem for me.

But that is now how they select the playoff teams .. it is not based on your last 2 games, it is based on all 12 games. So for them to have said, we were one of the last 4 in was just stupid and inconsistent with how they select teams based on their entire resume. In saying that, that says our first 10 games didn't count at all. BS .... we were a viable top 8 seed if we beat YSU that last game ... we were down 4 or 5 offensive starters .. so how do we go from a viable top 8 seed to that last 4 in crap in just one game. Did we deserve a seed after losing to YSU and barely beating MoST ... no, period. But drop us 12 to 16 slots for losing to YSU ... uh no, it's not supposed to work like that.

redbirds2000

fourthandshort said:
drewherridge1 said:
Birdswin said:

I don't mind people thinking based solely on the last 2 regular season games, that we were possibly one of the 4 worst playoff bids given how we were playing at END OF SEASON. That wasn't the problem for me.

But that is now how they select the playoff teams .. it is not based on your last 2 games, it is based on all 12 games. So for them to have said, we were one of the last 4 in was just stupid and inconsistent with how they select teams based on their entire resume. In saying that, that says our first 10 games didn't count at all. BS .... we were a viable top 8 seed if we beat YSU that last game ... we were down 4 or 5 offensive starters .. so how do we go from a viable top 8 seed to that last 4 in crap in just one game. Did we deserve a seed after losing to YSU and barely beating MoST ... no, period. But drop us 12 to 16 slots for losing to YSU ... uh no, it's not supposed to work like that.
Maybe if the coaches evaluated our QB situation better we would not have lost to YSU. Jefferson is clearly ahead of Baltz and they didn't see that in practice? Weird. Anyway, it shook out well I would have rather been visiting Conway than playing UNI at this point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fourthandshort

CaliRdBrd said:

Liberty Mutual customizes your car insurance, so you only pay for what you need ??

Attachments

• libertybiberty.jpg
    libertybiberty.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 2,244

ChiRedbirdfan

Put me in the camp (if there is one) that likes the Redbirds chances vs NDSU better with Jefferson at the helm than Davis. Nevertheless this will be a tough tough game but the game has to be played so let’s go give it our best shot and we shall see what happens. NDSU is damn good no doubt but they have shown they are beatable too!

Birdswin

I would like to see an occasional fake handoff to Robinson running one way and Jefferson keeping it to run the opposite way, like a naked bootleg - looked like that was open a few times yesterday, especially in short-yardage situations where the defense is stacked and anticipating Robinson.

CaliRdBrd

ChiRedbirdfan said:
Put me in the camp (if there is one) that likes the Redbirds chances vs NDSU better with Jefferson at the helm than Davis. Nevertheless this will be a tough tough game but the game has to be played so let’s go give it our best shot and we shall see what happens. NDSU is damn good no doubt but they have shown they are beatable too!

I’m in that camp mostly because we know what we had with Davis... not much. Jefferson at least forces Dakota to game plan.

Adunk33

Birdswin said:
I would like to see an occasional fake handoff to Robinson running one way and Jefferson keeping it to run the opposite way, like a naked bootleg - looked like that was open a few times yesterday, especially in short-yardage situations where the defense is stacked and anticipating Robinson.

NDSU has seen a #5 and a #25 from ISU run all over them before. It’d be cool to recreate some of that next week.

Total Red

Staff member
Birdswin said:

:text-+1:
SEMO round 1 - wait for it
UCA round 2 - wait for it
NDSU round 3 - now?

redbirdfan04

This game is going to be way different from the first two playoff games. Our only chance of winning is stopping the big play and sustained drivers both of which no one has done in three seasons.

I am excited to get another shot at these guys. To be honest I'd rather have to play them over JMU at this point.

StLRedbird

After much brow beating alternated with sniveling, Mrs. StL has consented. We're goin' to Fargo.

DannyCooksey

exciting opportunity. i would think this game has a chance to be on ESPN or ESPNU.

Top Bottom