Offered/Committed Elsewhere 2019 - Francis Okoro, 6-9/225, C, Normal Community West HS

Bird Friend

2019 - Francis Okoro, 6-9/225, C, Normal Community West HS
http://www.scout.com/player/207931-francis-okoro?s=461

Source

He got an offer from Kansas over the weekend.

Edit:His twitter is back up and running.

Jsnhbe1Birds

If they had any chance at okoro he would already be offered. He's a in town kid. Crazy to think a top 25-35 player (depending on website) is coming out of normal. Although he is down trending a bit. He was ranked higher last season. He did move from Mississippi in the last few years though.

Bird Friend

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
If they had any chance at okoro he would already be offered. He's a in town kid. Crazy to think a top 25-35 player (depending on website) is coming out of normal. Although he is down trending a bit. He was ranked higher last season. He did move from Mississippi in the last few years though.

We did offer.

cpacmel

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
. He's a in town kid. Crazy to think a top 25-35 player (depending on website) is coming out of normal.

His ranking isn't much different than what Bates-Diop's (U-High) was.

ISU FAN 1

Still interested in ISU
Scholarship offers rolling in for West's Okoro, the state's top junior http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/article_fc4ba561-ffe7-5c1e-8c86-1cb0e4a24ccd.html

BTbird

He does mention it would be nice to stay close. It's an ounce of hope.

Bdub777

Francis came to Hoopsfest and he definitely knows a lot about the program. Dan clearly hasn't given up. Love how he's now focusing on great local talent as well as elsewhere.

Birdswin

Normal West plays Bloomington tomorrow (Friday) night at the Shirk Center at 7:30 - and then plays Normal East on Saturday at 6:00. I do not know how much of a supporting cast Okoro has at West - three players from last year's West Varsity left - Yaklich moved, one went to U-High, and another went to Central Catholic - all of those kids were on the Parkside Jr High team that won the state tournament as 8th graders.

Adunk33

Staff member
Birdswin said:
Normal West plays Bloomington tomorrow (Friday) night at the Shirk Center at 7:30 - and then plays Normal East on Saturday at 6:00. I do not know how much of a supporting cast Okoro has at West - three players from last year's West Varsity left - Yaklich moved, one went to U-High, and another went to Central Catholic - all of those kids were on the Parkside Jr High team that won the state tournament as 8th graders.

I was just about to post about the game tonight!
Bloomington vs West. Chris Payton vs Okoro. Last year when the two met, I give the advantage to Chris. I'm sure both players would love to see a bunch of Redbird fans in the stands cheering them on! Who knows, maybe Okoro will see that this community can rally around its players and teams and decide to stay.

Sanantoniobird

Adunk33 said:
Birdswin said:

I was just about to post about the game tonight!
Bloomington vs West. Chris Payton vs Okoro. Last year when the two met, I give the advantage to Chris. I'm sure both players would love to see a bunch of Redbird fans in the stands cheering them on! Who knows, maybe Okoro will see that this community can rally around its players and teams and decide to stay.
You'd have to think that kind of thing would put more butts in our beautiful arena? 2 local kids putting Illinois State in the Sweet Sixteen. :pray:

DannyCooksey

If anyone is attending tonight's game please post your thoughts. I would imagine Dan will be there again tonight.

Top Bottom