2018-Tim Finke, 6'6/195, SG, Champaign, IL

isuphloyd

Loyola was in to see Tim yesterday, Northern Iowa coming later this week. Tim was banged up some during the July recruiting period. Has 19 offers, would love to see him as a Redbird.

Bird Friend

Staff member
isuphloyd said:
Loyola was in to see Tim yesterday, Northern Iowa coming later this week. Tim was banged up some during the July recruiting period. Has 19 offers, would love to see him as a Redbird.

Did we offer?

TreRoberson4Heisman

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Tim-Finke-79782/RecruitInterests

His brother, Michael, plays at UofI. Would guess he is going there.

isuphloyd

ISU has not offered. Dad played basketball then football at U of I, his brother Michael currently plays at U of I, his brother Nick is at West Point playing basketball for Army. Both brothers finished high school in the 6'6 6'7 range. Michael is now 6'10 as a redshirt junior and Nick is now about 6'8 as a redshirt freshman. Illinois is not a done deal.

Reggie

Illinois and a lot of other teams have backed off recruiting him. I doubt he goes to Illinois.

ChiRedbirdfan

He started out the eybl season as being one of the star performers of session 1 and thereafter he really struggled big time with his shot. I still believe he will likely end up in a power 5 or similar type bball conference.

Bird Friend

Staff member
ChiRedbirdfan said:
He started out the eybl season as being one of the star performers of session 1 and thereafter he really struggled big time with his shot. I still believe he will likely end up in a power 5.
Especially if he comes here first, redshirts, plays two-threes years and then transfers . . .

Source

We aren't on Finke. Illinois recruited is older brother for the lone purpose of getting Tim. I haven't met an Illini fan that is happy with the older Finke. If his recruitment slips more, maybe we throw out a line but I doubt it.

Our focus for 2018 has shifted to bigs after we didn't land Zion.

bombay

Tim didn't have a good summer on the AAU circuit and doesn't currently have many offers. None from illinois. Loyola put the full court press on him the other day, all four coaches came to the in home visit.

ChiRedbirdfan

Bird Friend said:
ChiRedbirdfan said:
He started out the eybl season as being one of the star performers of session 1 and thereafter he really struggled big time with his shot. I still believe he will likely end up in a power 5.
Especially if he comes here first, redshirts, plays two-threes years and then transfers . . .

funny

Humdinger

Source said:
We aren't on Finke. Illinois recruited is older brother for the lone purpose of getting Tim. I haven't met an Illini fan that is happy with the older Finke. If his recruitment slips more, maybe we throw out a line but I doubt it.

Not quite an accurate statement there, Sourcie. Illinois recruited Michael just to get Tim? Nope.

You'll see a different Michael Finke this year. As far as ISU, the Finke boys have good athletic chops/genes and I'm surprised, just a bit, that we haven't recruited him with more substance. I'm hardly offended by it, though.

Bird Friend

Staff member
Humdinger said:
Source said:

Not quite an accurate statement there, Sourcie. Illinois recruited Michael just to get Tim? Nope.

You'll see a different Michael Finke this year. As far as ISU, the Finke boys have good athletic chops/genes and I'm surprised, just a bit, that we haven't recruited him with more substance. I'm hardly offended by it, though.
Just curious. What kind of substances should we be recruiting him with? ;)

Humdinger

Hmmn. We could go the Louisville route if one of our new assistants is willing to play along. Dancing...ahem, girls (small donations of dollar bills accepted for the 'tutoring, strictly tutoring I tell you!). Invite your friends. BYOS. Bring your own substance.

How's that for substance?

bombay

Jsnhbe1Birds said:
Smart choice. They're the next Gonzaga/Wichita State

Yes. And both Majarle and Jerry Colengelo are very involved with the program if he wants to make basketball a career.

I misspelled marly's name.

Top Bottom