Per Verbal Commits, we've offered.

2018 - Ricky Torres, 6-3/170 PG, Missouri State - West Plains
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/ricky-torres

Averages: 18.0 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 7.8 apg, 1.6 spg
Shoots: 53.7% / 44.1% / 72.0%

https://twitter.com/Aholmes20/status/958661099448135680
https://twitter.com/Aholmes20/status/958738895449010176

redblood

So how can we still be recruiting for next year? We are already -1 on the scholarship matrix, sounds like the proverbial swinging door is expected again evidently.

Bird Friend

redblood said:
So how can we still be recruiting for next year? We are already -1 on the scholarship matrix, sounds like the proverbial swinging door is expected again evidently.
Recruiting adage: Never stop recruiting.

ISU FAN 1

Yes please. Already looks much better than most of our current backcourt.

ISU FAN 1

redbird Recon said:
Guessing that VT offer looks good right now.
Could be one FBI wire tap of Buzz Williams, and subsequent probation away from landing him? Buzz feels the FBI heat. That's why he's sweating thru all his suits.

Adunk33

Staff member
Just watched about half of his tape. 14 min is a long one!

What I didn't like: He attacks the bucket on a 1-2 transition. That can be effective (he shows in the tape) but, it's not super effective against D1 players. Watch EC, KE, or pretty much anyone on the current team. They don't get too ahead of themselves and typically pull the ball back up. But if he can finish regularly, I can dig it. Also, some of his passing/assists were more of a credit to him having teammates who can finish versus him making a good pass.

What I did like: He can shoot off the dribble and spot up. One of the things that tough for shooters to learn is how to shoot without your feet being exactly how you want them. You'll see in the tape on 4-5 occasions he sees an open shot and takes it. He has a pretty quick trigger. I also liked the video began with passing highlights, though none really "wowed" me, it shows he has at least SOME court vision and good decision making abilities.

He looks like he'd be a good get, but most players do on their highlight tape.

birdballfan

Adunk33 said:
Just watched about half of his tape. 14 min is a long one!

What I didn't like: He attacks the bucket on a 1-2 transition. That can be effective (he shows in the tape) but, it's not super effective against D1 players. Watch EC, KE, or pretty much anyone on the current team. They don't get too ahead of themselves and typically pull the ball back up. But if he can finish regularly, I can dig it. Also, some of his passing/assists were more of a credit to him having teammates who can finish versus him making a good pass.

What I did like: He can shoot off the dribble and spot up. One of the things that tough for shooters to learn is how to shoot without your feet being exactly how you want them. You'll see in the tape on 4-5 occasions he sees an open shot and takes it. He has a pretty quick trigger. I also liked the video began with passing highlights, though none really "wowed" me, it shows he has at least SOME court vision and good decision making abilities.

He looks like he'd be a good get, but most players do on their highlight tape.

I would like to see his TO highlights to make sure he meets the teams expectations!! (sarcasm)

ChiRedbirdfan

redblood said:

Remember last year and what happened? Muller ended up giving a couple of bogus schlorships this year. Keep recruiting baby..always over recruit and not under recruit.

Bird Friend

Adunk33 said:
Wichita State

Makes sense. Immediate playing time and potentially immediate impact guy. Like I said, I’d never count out Marshall.

Adunk33

Staff member
Bird Friend said:
Adunk33 said:
Wichita State

Makes sense. Immediate playing time and potentially immediate impact guy. Like I said, I’d never count out Marshall.

Unless he's playing in Saint Louis and he "sees some interesting things."

Bird Friend

Adunk33 said:
Bird Friend said:
Adunk33 said:
Wichita State

Unless he's playing in Saint Louis and he "sees some interesting things."

Don't get me wrong. I don't like the guy, but he wins.

Top Bottom