Bird Friend

Staff member
2018 - Kendle Moore, 5-10, PG, Danville, IL
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kendle-moore

Bird Friend

Staff member
Drake
Bullseye said:
Just told by impeccable source 5'10 2018 PG Kendle Moore of Danville HS committed to Drake. HC Niko Medved & @CoachBlount25 getting it done!

Bird Friend

Staff member
East Coast Bird said:
Did we have an offer out to him?
We were one of the first to offer. Were his primary choice as of a couple months ago, according to Recon.

Baltimore Bird

If Drake is true, Kendle must see a chance to play immediately which would be tough with us.

V Boy

I would like Recon's take and Source's take on this one. Usually when kids take scholarships from Drake there is an explainable reason for this. Did we back off? Was Moore worried about PT here? Or did we really losing a potentially good PG from central Illinois?

V Boy

V Boy said:
I would like Recon's take and Source's take on this one. Usually when kids take scholarships from Drake there is an explainable reason for this. Did we back off? Was Moore worried about PT here? Or did we really losing a potentially good PG from central Illinois?

Or do we not have a scholarship to give?

Or do we think we have a legit shot at Zion and have to keep schollie for him?

Or none of the above and I am over analyzing as usual and nothing to see here.

BTbird

There might be nothing more to the story than he just liked Drake and felt most comfortable there.

birdballfan

BTbird said:
There might be nothing more to the story than he just liked Drake and felt most comfortable there.

I heard it was because his family has a neighbor who has cats and HCDM doesn't like cats!?!?

Baltimore Bird

None of us want to believe that any reasonable athlete would pick Drake over ISU, so that is not it.

Source

Baltimore Bird said:
None of us want to believe that any reasonable athlete would pick Drake over ISU, so that is not it.

Yak was main contact. I would say that is No.1 reason.

fdbird83

BTbird said:

Maybe he is a big Iowa Cubs fan. :D

Reggie Redbird

Adunk33 said:
Decommitted from Drake.

I'm not surprised about this. With Niko leaving and all the graduations from their CIT team, I see them in the bottom 4 replacing Valpo. Drake-Evansville games may be brutal to watch this coming year.

I think our main need is post help who could step in right away, meaning a JUCO or GR transfer. However, if this is a legit, homegrown PG, perhaps we grab him. It all depends on the development and production of guys we have coming back.

schoolsportsfan

Reggie Redbird said:
Adunk33 said:
Decommitted from Drake.

I'm not surprised about this. With Niko leaving and all the graduations from their CIT team, I see them in the bottom 4 replacing Valpo. Drake-Evansville games may be brutal to watch this coming year.

I think our main need is post help who could step in right away, meaning a JUCO or GR transfer. However, if this is a legit, homegrown PG, perhaps we grab him. It all depends on the development and production of guys we have coming back.
This kid is a stud...saw him play a couple of times this year. Kept saying he would look so good in a Redbird uniform. Fills a true need for us as a PG. Have no idea what our chances are but we recruited him hard before he committed to Drake. Hoping there is still interest on both parts.

isuphloyd

Great kid. Colorado State is the front runner but I think he does have his eyes open. I told him on Sunday being at Drake he would be starting off with at least 2 losses every year, he must have listened :)

Adunk33

He ended up following Niko to Colorado. Debuted last night, got the start, led all scorers with 26 points (9-11 shooting including 4-5 from deep), and also added four assists and a steal.

DannyCooksey

Adunk33 said:
He ended up following Niko to Colorado. Debuted last night, got the start, led all scorers with 26 points (9-11 shooting including 4-5 from deep), and also added four assists and a steal.

Wow. that's a great start to his career. good for him. :clap:

Top Bottom