2-15: VU (Pick/139.5) @ ISU on FSMW/NBCSC

ISU86

Two teams that are both playing better of late, should be an entertaining match-up. I think the nest will be protected on this one.

Redbirds 69, Crusaders 68

ricohill

This will be a close game. I predict the Birds by 3. 5,900 for attendance.

TIMMY

Timmy is in town for this one. Sitting in the fantastic Loge! Gotta see my old roomie Roger. Birds by 10.

Loyl2u

So we got the answer to the Question of “what happen to Abdou” in 2nd half of UNI game - not playing with enough physicality” ?

Let’s look at last Valpo game- it is an interesting split with about half of the game played with 4 guards and 50% with 2 forwards in the game. Based on these stats, I think you can make a case that the Birds were giving up about 0.5 rebounds per minute when the didn’t have two Forwards in the game. Over that game, that means 10 more rebounds. Not every rebound is going to translate into points or reduction in points for other team, but let’s say half of them do. Do we gain offensive capability that we think get those points back and adds points in addition to replace what those rebounds translate to when Birds have 4 guards?

Hillsman had only 28 minutes, so this is one of few games where you can look at when he’s in the game or not for significant minutes. Looking at+/- combinations, I’m convinced that he needs to be on the court, but in the 3 spot, not 4/5. This also means you have more flexibility to match him up beneficially at the defensive end. Great to see Taylor back, but I think you put him in the same column as JC & Boyd in the 3 spot. Boyd can also play #2 spot along with Reeves- impossible to put them in front of Copeland though because of Copeland’s defense. Anyone other than Horne and Torres have shown the lack of ability to play point.

The big problem is that there is no one to take Fisher’s place when needed. I know it would be a pretty big risk, but about the only thing they haven’t tried is putting starting guards on the floor with Ndiaye and Idowu for a few minutes to give Fisher a blow. If nothing else, it would be matchup challenge for opposition and if you could hold serve it would be worth it just to see.

Games still to win - I’m going to go with staff staying with Abdou tonight and also giving Rey some minutes for a win at home.

First ISU Valpo Game +/-

Player +/- min points. Reb
Ndiaye +3 14 0 5
Hillsman -2 28 11 5
Idowu - 2 10 3 7
Bruninga -3 2 0 0
Horne -6 36 16 3
Copeland -11 26 11 1
Fisher -11 34 19 7
Reeves -15 26 7. 3
Torres -17 24 3 3

+/- combinations-totals Comp +/- COMP TM
Horne Copeland Hillsman Fisher Ndiaye +8 6:38
Horne Copeland Hillsman Bruninga Fisher +3 0:14
Horne Torres Reeves Fisher Ndiaye +2 0:49
Horne Torres Hillsman Fisher Ndiaye +2 1:24
Horne Torres Reeves Fisher Idowu 0 7:23
Horne Torres Copelan Hillsman Bruninga 0 0:18
Torres Reeves Hillsman Fisher Ndiaye 0 0:08
Horne Torres Reeves Hillsman Ndiaye -1 1:13
Torres Copeland Reeves Hillsman Fisher -1 0:42
Horne Torres Copeland Hillsman Idowu -2 3:05
Horne Copeland Reeves Hillsman Fisher -2 6:35
Torres Copeland Reeves Hillsman Ndiaye -2 1:35
Torres Copeland Reeves Hillsman Fisher -2 1:35
Torres Copeland Reeves Fisher Ndiaye -2 1:01
Horne Torres Copeland Hillsman Fisher -2 0:51
Horne Torres Reeves Hillsman Fisher -4 3:27
Horne Copeland Reeves Fisher Ndiaye -4 1:35
Horne Torres Copeland Bruninga Fisher -6 1:47

SgtHulka

Loyl2u said:
So we got the answer to the Question of “what happen to Abdou” in 2nd half of UNI game - not playing with enough physicality” ?

Let’s look at last Valpo game- it is an interesting split with about half of the game played with 4 guards and 50% with 2 forwards in the game. Based on these stats, I think you can make a case that the Birds were giving up about 0.5 rebounds per minute when the didn’t have two Forwards in the game. Over that game, that means 10 more rebounds. Not every rebound is going to translate into points or reduction in points for other team, but let’s say half of them do. Do we gain offensive capability that we think get those points back and adds points in addition to replace what those rebounds translate to when Birds have 4 guards?

Hillsman had only 28 minutes, so this is one of few games where you can look at when he’s in the game or not for significant minutes. Looking at+/- combinations, I’m convinced that he needs to be on the court, but in the 3 spot, not 4/5. This also means you have more flexibility to match him up beneficially at the defensive end. Great to see Taylor back, but I think you put him in the same column as JC & Boyd in the 3 spot. Boyd can also play #2 spot along with Reeves- impossible to put them in front of Copeland though because of Copeland’s defense. Anyone other than Horne and Torres have shown the lack of ability to play point.

The big problem is that there is no one to take Fisher’s place when needed. I know it would be a pretty big risk, but about the only thing they haven’t tried is putting starting guards on the floor with Ndiaye and Idowu for a few minutes to give Fisher a blow. If nothing else, it would be matchup challenge for opposition and if you could hold serve it would be worth it just to see.

Games still to win - I’m going to go with staff staying with Abdou tonight and also giving Rey some minutes for a win at home.

First ISU Valpo Game +/-

Player +/- min points. Reb
Ndiaye +3 14 0 5
Hillsman -2 28 11 5
Idowu - 2 10 3 7
Bruninga -3 2 0 0
Horne -6 36 16 3
Copeland -11 26 11 1
Fisher -11 34 19 7
Reeves -15 26 7. 3
Torres -17 24 3 3

+/- combinations-totals Comp +/- COMP TM
Horne Copeland Hillsman Fisher Ndiaye +8 6:38
Horne Copeland Hillsman Bruninga Fisher +3 0:14
Horne Torres Reeves Fisher Ndiaye +2 0:49
Horne Torres Hillsman Fisher Ndiaye +2 1:24
Horne Torres Reeves Fisher Idowu 0 7:23
Horne Torres Copelan Hillsman Bruninga 0 0:18
Torres Reeves Hillsman Fisher Ndiaye 0 0:08
Horne Torres Reeves Hillsman Ndiaye -1 1:13
Torres Copeland Reeves Hillsman Fisher -1 0:42
Horne Torres Copeland Hillsman Idowu -2 3:05
Horne Copeland Reeves Hillsman Fisher -2 6:35
Torres Copeland Reeves Hillsman Ndiaye -2 1:35
Torres Copeland Reeves Hillsman Fisher -2 1:35
Torres Copeland Reeves Fisher Ndiaye -2 1:01
Horne Torres Copeland Hillsman Fisher -2 0:51
Horne Torres Reeves Hillsman Fisher -4 3:27
Horne Copeland Reeves Fisher Ndiaye -4 1:35
Horne Torres Copeland Bruninga Fisher -6 1:47

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jjaqrPpdQYc

Redbird222

Great First half!! Defense was stellar. Great halftime honoring 15 great ISU players!!

Redbird222

Looks.like something is bothering Boyd. Trying to jog and loosen something during halftime warm-ups. Keeps grimacing

Loyl2u

Shot selection had been pretty darn good tonight- not great Solid minutes from Abdou, Rey and Taylor. Let’s have another half like the first

Redbirdmike

Words can no longer describe the ineptitude and lack of coaching of this team anymore. You literally cannot make this sh!@ up anymore. Not even in a movie.

ISU FAN 1

Redbirdmike said:
Words can no longer describe the ineptitude and lack of coaching of this team anymore. You literally cannot make this sh!@ up anymore. Not even in a movie.

The movie would be “The TiDANic”

Brick

Started ISU as an athlete on scholarship in 1965. Have seen the ups and downs for 55 years. Tonight was an unmitigated disaster of a game in a disastrous season. I never thought I would say this but I have watched my last ISU game til football season. And that’s with me being a basketball guy not a football guy.

Top Bottom