#14 U of I at Redbird Arena

Cindy00

For all of those that say they want to see U of I at Redbird Arena tonight is your night. An actual ranked Illini team will be coming to Redbird to compete in the Redbird Classic this weekend. Tonight at 7 pm you can come on out to Redbird Arena, check out the new seating in the lower bowl, see how the new intros will work this year, and cheer on a Redbird team that competed in the NCAA tournament and were conference champs last year. Coach Leah Johnson is doing great things at ISU and I hope lots of Redbird fans can come out and support her and the volleyball team this weekend. On Saturday the Birds will take on UCF, who are receiving votes, and on Sunday they play Marquette who is ranked 7th. It should be a very fun weekend of volleyball at Redbird Arena.

Hamdonger

I have my tix already bought. This one's been on the radar since they announced schedule.

Cindy00

SoCalRedbird said:
Will this air on ESPN+?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes. Most of the volleyball games are on ESPN+.

MadBird

Just to add a little more, Marquette beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin earlier this year, and were down 2 sets to 0 before storming back. UW is a perennial national contender, many of you know. MU is a very outstanding team.

Cindy00

What a great game and environment last night. The crowd was great and very into the game. I'm guessing Coach Johnson & the team gained a few new fans last night. I was happy to see that the orange didn't outnumber the red & I thought the crowd did a good job of drowning out any ill chants. Hope to see a good amount of red again tonight at 5:30.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hamdonger

Cindy00 said:
I was happy to see that the orange didn't outnumber the red & I thought the crowd did a good job of drowning out any ill chants.

Wasn't even close. 90%red 10% orange. If that!! Our ballclub beat a dang good team. Rated 6th less than a week ago. I think this shows we can play with anybody. I'm as disappointed with the crickets regarding IPF but much credit to Lyons and Bordner for this hire and basketball as well. Very good...and likable...coaches.

No doubt the crowd helped the 'Birds substantially last night. You could actually feel a buzz walking into RA. GREAT tournament, btw.

Phantom

New lower bowl looks great and the crowds have been awesome the last two nights. Very vocal and energized. Huge test tonight vs. #7 Marquette. Take this one and it would cap off the biggest three-match home stretch in a long, long time.

Already been a great weekend but the chance to knock off two top-15 programs and another just outside the top-25 in the same weekend is awesome.

Adunk33

Staff member
To put the cart before the horse, if the birds beat Marquette, are they in the top 25?

ricohill

I’ll say this about the Volleyball program. They go play top competition and win. No excuses. It’s nice they got these home matches, but they’ve been taking on good teams wherever they will play them for a while. It’s refreshing compared to the men’s basketball fiasco that Muller has created. Success in college sports is simple. Play good teams and win. Good for Coach Johnson and Volleyball.

ricohill

TheTruth said:
This needs to be moved to the other sports board.

Agree, every time there is a real discussion about Muller or Lyons it gets moved or shut down. There is a board for this.

DaveBird10

ricohill said:
TheTruth said:

Agree, every time there is a real discussion about Muller or Lyons it gets moved or shut down. There is a board for this.
Or how about try bc every time there is something positive about the birds you push your agenda to complain about Muller and Lyons. Let it end dude, have some happiness in your life!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trey_Guidry4three

DaveBird10 said:
ricohill said:
TheTruth said:

Or how about try bc every time there is something positive about the birds you push your agenda to complain about Muller and Lyons. Let it end dude, have some happiness in your life!!

This is a basketball forum!! If quinn doesn't have enough reason to shut down this thread then I'm losing all faith..

ricohill

DaveBird10 said:
ricohill said:
TheTruth said:

I am happy when ISU wins in football and Men’s basketball. My only agenda is those sports to be great. Lyons and Muller are holding them back.

This is a basketball forum. Volleyball talk goes in a different forum.

Top Bottom