Search results

1. ISU86

UConn Football Announces Cancellation Of 2020 Season Due To Risks Associated With COVID-19

https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2020/8/5/uconn-football-announces-cancellation-of-2020-season-due-to-risks-associated-with-covid-19.aspx the cynic in me also thinks that since they are losing four big paydays (at Illinois, at Mississippi, at North Carolina, at Virginia), the now independent (in...
  2. ISU86

Lawrence instead of Urbana-Champaign?

New Hampshire cancels fall sports seasons, leaves KU football looking for new first-week foe http://m.kusports.com/news/2020/jul/17/new-hampshire-cancels-fall-sports-seasons-leaves-k/
  3. ISU86

10 thoughts: What's next for Missouri State basketball as it heads into the 2020 offseason?

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2020/03/07/missouri-state-basketball-10-thoughts-bears-enter-2020-offseason/4880374002/ Agree (or not) with the article, this is the kind of approach/content I would like to see in the Pantagraph with a bit more frequency.
  4. ISU86

3-5/6:00PM - ISU v DU (MVC Opening Round)

Here we go - can't win four without winning one (just threw that in to jump start jammin). Be interesting to see if Fisher will play and, if so, how effective and for how long. Boyd would be nice if we need some quick offense (assuming he is on). The unknowns have me with a very slight lean...
  5. ISU86

2-29/1:00 PM - ISU @ UE [ESPN3] - battle of the conference cellar dwellers

Appropriate this game falls on leap day. Once every four years is too often. Evansville trying to avoid a winless conference season on their Senior Day. No matter what any of us may think of our season, it is hard to fathom it is worse than the Purple Aces. Going from being the toast of the...
  6. ISU86

2/22 - Senior Day - DU @ ISU [MVC-TV]

Redbirds win a close one. Jamar/Rico/Trey, in unison, all proceed to quote Tripper Harrison (Meatballs) - "it just doesn't matter". Then (much like a Spinal Tap drummer) all three simultaneously combust, leaving nothing but little green globules on our collective screens. If nothing else, I...
  7. ISU86

2-15: VU (Pick/139.5) @ ISU on FSMW/NBCSC

Two teams that are both playing better of late, should be an entertaining match-up. I think the nest will be protected on this one. Redbirds 69, Crusaders 68 5,049
  8. ISU86

2-12: ISU (+15/140) at UNI

One of final three chances to get a road victory. I do think there is progress being made but not enough to leave Cedar Falls with a "W". Does not feel like this one will be that close; hoping to be proven wrong. Panthers are rolling and we have yet to put together a full forty away from the...
  9. ISU86

MVC Game 6: LUC @ RBA

1/19, 3:00 PM on ESPNU opened at +3, currently at +5 O/U 130 up against AFC/NFC championship games of Titans-Chiefs/Packers-49ers Ramblers 70, Redbirds 64 3,913
  10. ISU86

December 21, 3:00 PM at Texas-San Antonio (+3.5/148.5) on CUSA.TV

Redbirds (5-6) at Roadrunners (4-7) Last chance at a road "W" prior to conference play. ISU 72 UTSA 71
  11. ISU86

December 18, 6:00 PM vs Illinois-Chicago (-5.5/138.5) on ESPN3

Flames (4-7) at Redbirds (4-6) * ISU 71, UIC 67 * 4,321
  12. ISU86

MVC: school "strength" of OOC schedule [2019-2020], based on Massey College Basketball Ranking Composite

I went through each school's non-conference schedule and calculated an overall average rating (based on the opponent's Massey College Basketball Ranking Composite as of November 5, 2019). If a school is in a tournament, the opponents were weighted based on the round in which as school would...
  13. ISU86

MVC: school "strength" of OOC schedule [2019-2020], based on 2018-2019 NET ranking

I went through each school's non-conference schedule and calculated an overall average rating (based on the opponent's NCAA Men's Basketball NET ranking at the end of the season). If a school is in a tournament, the opponents were weighted based on the round in which as school would play the...
  14. ISU86

Selection Committee discarded NET as much as RPI

One tournament bracket selection into the NET (developed by Google Cloud Professional Services based on recommendations from the Division I Men’s Basketball Committee, the National Association of Basketball Coaches and top basketball analytics experts) and it appears the 2019 committee trusted...
  15. ISU86

CBI (2019): power 5 re-appearance

West Virginia (Big XII) in field, as well as DePaul (Big East) and South Florida (American Athletic). Maybe CBI is getting a second wind (or Gazelle Group waived/reduced the $50,000 "pay to play" fee for them). With only six (maximum) healthy players on the current roster that could return...
  16. ISU86

vs Drake (in St. Louis), 3/8, 6:00 PM, MVC-TV [FSMW/NBCSC]

Whether by chance or design, only Keyshawn Evans logged 30+ minutes in last nights opening round game. The dispersion of minutes may have made things closer than desired yesterday, but (hopefully) will benefit us well today with fresher legs. Same prediction as yesterday, same result: Birds...
  17. ISU86

vs Evansville (in St. Louis), 3/7, 8:30 PM, MVC-TV [FSMW+/NBCSC]

Play-in Thursday. Not sure any of us thought this was a possibility back in November. Having said that, the Purple Aces have been scuffling recently both on (losing seven of their last eight) and off (Shea Feehan dismissal) the court. I do not think it is a game where we will ever feel...
  18. ISU86

at Southern Illinois, 3/2, 1:00 PM, CBSSN

Essentially one way to avoid play-in Thursday: beat the Salukis. Senior Day, and potentially Barry Hinson's last hurrah, in Carbondale. SIU has four players averaging double figures in Armon Fletcher, Sean Lloyd Jr, Kaveon Pippen, and Aaron Cook. Not an ideal storyline. Birds 62 Dawgs 67...
  19. ISU86

vs Drake, 2/24, 1:00 PM, CBSSN [Senior Day]

Can this group pull it back together on Senior Day? Here's hoping (and that is all it may be at this point) yes for Keyshawn, Phil, Milik & William. Bulldogs 67 Redbirds 69
  20. ISU86

BPI, KPI, NET, Pom, Sag, SOR ... WTH?

Took a look at the NCAA Team Sheets through 2/3. It listed the following six rantings per school: BPI (Basketball Power Index) KPI (Key Performance Indicator) NET (NCAA Evaluation Tool) Pom (Pomeroy) Sag (Sagarin) SOR (Strength Of Record, although each school's listed value is 0) The RPI...
Top Bottom