Search results

1. Total Red

SIU 10/1

OK, we've got a big crowd coming for Saturday night. If only there was a way to get them fully engaged in the game. Is it time to break out the mini footballs again? #peltthepups
  2. Total Red

News from Future Opponents

Impressive but it looks like a lot of the newer NFL stadiums. I'm glad I got see a game there with the old college appeal.
  3. Total Red

Dark Mode

Yeah but that requires reading and pointing and clicking. Can you dumb it down for us?
  4. Total Red

Dark Mode

5. Total Red

New Helmets

It looks like the Redbird will stay on the helmet. I approve. The interlocking ISU is ok but nothing beats THE BIRD.
  6. Total Red

SIU 10/1

Almost everyone expected us to be 2-1 through 3 games so in a sense the season starts on Saturday against SIU. The line on this game should be close. If the 'Birds win then we have a viable path to the playoffs. If we lose, then we'll need to gain the game back by upsetting someone on the...
  7. Total Red

What week is it?

8. Total Red

News from Future Opponents

NW is Northwestern University, no?
  9. Total Red

EIU Mid-America Classic

The Up Close View
  10. Total Red

ISU Enrollment

Could Illinois State be FBS? Sure it could. And we could have a field hockey team if we really wanted one. But FBS football has never been a priority of the Redbird FANBASE and so it hasn't been something any athletic administration since Sheahon Zenger has promoted. It's a common assumption...
  11. Total Red

ISU Enrollment

There are things I might question about Coach Spack but competitive fire and pursuit of excellence are not among them.
  12. Total Red

Any news on W Wright?

Forget NIL. Get him to a personal injury attorney asap. Could be worth millions.
  13. Total Red

EIU Mid-America Classic

Against Valpo we had to win when we didn't play well. Against Eastern we had to win when they didn't play well. That proved to be the easier task. The Birds did create some of their own good fortune. Some really crisp passing from Annexstad with new receivers emerging - Sobkowicz, Carter...
  14. Total Red

Valpo Home Opener

Good catch Mad. My mind went to the more recent co-coord setup and I missed the reference to 2017. The comments still apply though as neither co- coord situation worked that well.
  15. Total Red

REDBIRD VB over illini

Redbird VB won 15 - 9 in the 5th over illiini in Milwaukee. Birds face a strong Marquette team tomorrow.
  16. Total Red

EIU Mid-America Classic

Birds Up, Cats Down LET'S GO!
  17. Total Red

EIU Mid-America Classic

Agree on the good news. We got the 6 sacks against Valpo (36 passing attempts) which is really good, but the potential was there for more. The Valpo QB passed 36 times and we were in his face or had him on the run at least half that time. It could/should have been as many as 10 sacks or more...
  18. Total Red

EIU Mid-America Classic

Covered in the Valpo thread
  19. Total Red

EIU Mid-America Classic

Our offense is still in a holding pattern where we need to throw it better to really open up the run. Sacks are pulling down our rushing average. Right now we're at just 2.9 yards per carry rushing. Good News - Annexstad is completing 65% of his passes. Bad News - 3 INTs vs. 2 TDs passing...
  20. Total Red

Valpo Home Opener

That situation began with the sudden and unexpected departure of OC Beathard. I don't have any inside information on this, but I think that event was followed by pressure to make a minority hire at OC, preferably from within. One half of the Co-coord position went to a minority. I believe it...
Top Bottom