Search results

1. M

UCLA and USC

Well, I know these are pretty much "get off my lawn" answers, but, I would rather be part of a regional Big 10, ten teams, no Ruggers, no Maryland, no Penn State. No Nebraska for that matter. Wouldn't bother me one bit to return the Rose Bowl to PAC 10 vs. Big 10, which it really is most years...
  2. M

Goodbye to schools that have bigger ambitions

I agree with your "vision". USC and UCLA weren't recruited to the Big "Tent" because of their "want to" or their rabid fan base - it was all about the LA TV market. The Dakota's, God bless them, aren't going to get recruited to anybody's "move up to" to capture their TV market (or fan base...
  3. M

UCLA and USC

I actually think there are plenty of fans of those schools that don't like this, and especially how much dough they'll have to cough up to attend games in the future. But they'll keep doing it because . . . because . . . . well, because. Two points - one, I'm a UW season ticket holder and...
  4. M

UCLA and USC

It's all a bunch of BS and ruining college athletics and I want no part of it.
  5. M

NIL Community Collaboration Event

Welcome to the new world, I guess . . .
  6. M

NIL Community Collaboration Event

From today's Minneapolis Star-Tribune. This sounds doable for ISU, altho not sure how much dough it would raise: https://replica.startribune.com/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=9eacb446-7c71-4386-852d-84b429bef9e1
  7. M

Recruit Looks Good

Will post this here. A different recruit, this one from Indiana, was named to the Indy Star all-central Indiana 2nd team:
  8. M

Jesse White McDonalds Tumbler’s

Saw her in Madison last season, and she missed 4 bowls, but got all the rest.
  9. M

Jesse White McDonalds Tumbler’s

A truly nice man.
  10. M

Offered Eli Shetlar, 6-6/170, SG, Andover, KS

washed down with a milk shake!
  11. M

22-23 Schedule

Since Northwestern State has been to the NCAA's 3 times this century, three times more than Old State U, I'll remain humble regarding where and when we play them. And hope Coach Pedon and the boys take care of bidness and leave no doubt for next year.
  12. M

BirdFans4Ever Podcast

Damn, the shorts were baggy baggy "back in the day". Hard to believe!
  13. M

NBA mock draft

Jalen Williams from Santa Clara #12 David Roddy from Colorado St. #23 Patrick Baldwin from UW-Milwaukee #28 Ryan Rollins from Toledo #44 Vince Williams from VCU #47 There's hope for the "regular" program.
  14. M

22-23 Schedule

Maybe I'm missing something, but are "we" already crapping on Pedon?? For crissakes . . . . .
  15. M

100 days!

I have no idea what the situation is now, but several years ago bought tickets in the Minnesota visitors section, at Camp Randall, and they were very low, sideline seats but looking at the end zone. Could hardly see over the sideline pass holders.
  16. M

100 days!

Called them last week to make sure I didn't miss something since I had gotten used to an April/May time frame, and they told me we should be getting something this week about tickets and donations, that they were "going through some changes". I didn't ask for more explanation, but I am curious!
  17. M

Offered Nick Richart, 6-10, PF, Zionsville, IN

Another mention of Richart and ISU's interest in today's Indy Star. The article also mentions another guy who I don't see on our "interest" thread on the board (maybe I missed it) but the article says we have "been in contact", he also sounds pretty interesting...
  18. M

Coach Henley appears to be leaving

There's an article on the website today announcing Katrina Beck as the replacement. https://goredbirds.com/news/2022/6/21/womens-basketball-katrina-beck-returns-to-illinois-state-as-assistant-coach.aspx
  19. M

Tanner Taula

Looking at past stats, I see that Taula was THE LEADING RECEIVER!! in the shortened, asterisk-worthy 2021 spring season! Who knew?? I plead guilty to being one of those calling for more TE in the offense. He's got quite a bit of momentum heading into the fall.
  20. M

Tanner Taula

I agree Virginia that the passing game has been weak, no doubt there. But Taula was the #4 receiver last year based on # of receptions, and Deming at TE was the #2 receiver! So the TE's were a part of the offense last year (maybe due to the quality of the WR's, or the lack of arm strength in...
Top Bottom