Search results

1. J

45 years

1976...........the last time that the March Madness field did not include either Duke or Kentucky. Two years later, they played each other in the title game (with Bob Bender a guard on the Duke squad). Many of you may already know that Bender has the trivia resume' of having played for two...
  2. J

FCS Coaches Poll

In the FCS Coaches' Poll, 'Birds are #7..........not even necessary to mention who is #1..........Northern Iowa #5; South Dakotie State #12. Based on the vote totals among "others receiving votes," North Dakota #26 and SIU #27. Last season's two vanquished playoff opponents are Central Arkansas...
  3. J

National telecasts close out season

According to AD website, the season's close-out games next Friday and Saturday are on ESPNU and CBS SportsNetwork, respectively.
  4. J

bradley@UNI

Bradley takes on A.J. Green in Cedar Falls tonight in ESPNU.
  5. J

Vote Courtney in volleyball

Courtney Pence is in the mix for the "Senior Class Award" in volleyball. You can vote (I believe one vote per device)at www.seniorclassaward.com
  6. J

Fed Court upholds Transfer Sit-out rule

Yesterday, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (headquartered in Chicago) upheld the NCAA rule requiring transfers to sit out a season before being eligible on their new team. I'm posting it on the football board because the case that went up to the Seventh Circuit was brought by...
  7. J

O'Shaughnessy today

Featured on a crunching block during Jacksonville's first series today.
  8. J

R.I.P. Keith Jackson

Whoa Nellie! First play-by-play announcer of Monday Night Football.
  9. J

R.I.P. Dick Enberg

Died at age 82. Play-by-play voice of college basketball on TV during late 70s and early 80s. Also called Rose Bowls and other big time sporting events.
  10. J

David

No protective boot on David tonight, but unlikely that he is ready to play.......he is not participating in pregame drills.
  11. J

UNI ads during IHSA playoffs

FWIW, I am watching IHSA football championships on NBC Sports-Chicago, and Univ. of Northern Iowa has bought ad time; I wonder if State Your Passion gave any consideration to the opportunity.
  12. J

Valley Player of the Week: Kewshawn

I don't know if this was mentioned in an individual post under a different thread, but this award comes as no surprise.
  13. J

What does retired number mean?

Among the Redbirds football greats who have been honored by having their uniform number retired are Bill Nelson (#72), Estus Hood (#8) and Mike Prior (#15). On this year's roster redshirt freshman OL Garrett Hirsch is #72 and redshirt freshman RB Jordan Birch is #8. A couple of seasons ago...
  14. J

David Cason

This week, David Cason was hired as an Assistant at FGCU
Top Bottom