Brent Headrick (7-0) against MVC...MVC PITCHER of the year

chuckie1980

Brent Headrick is your 2019 MVC Pitcher of the Year after defeating every conference opponent he faced this season, going a perfect 7-0 with a 1.31 ERA with one complete game!

MadBird

I suspect this short article from today's Minneapolis paper is behind a paywall, but I'll post the link anyway. Nice summary of Headrick's climb back to the bigs this spring, basically working on a splitter for his "repertoire".

"I want to stay a starter, so you need a third pitch to be more effective," he said Saturday, shortly after being recalled from the Saints. "I figured it was time to add something. So I've been developing a splitter."

It's been going well, the lefthander said. "I've been able to kill some speed difference, get some more depth on it, add to the repertoire," he said. "It's good for keeping hitters off-balance. Working on that, to go with my fastball and slider, has made me more effective."

cpacmel

Brent is still on the twins 40 man roster. Looks like he is starting off the season in the minors and being stretched out as a starter. His first start for the AAA St. Paul Saints , he lasted only 3.2 innings giving up 5 hits and 2 earned runs. He did have 8 K's.

Reggie Redbird

Brent is still on the twins 40 man roster. Looks like he is starting off the season in the minors and being stretched out as a starter. His first start for the AAA St. Paul Saints , he lasted only 3.2 innings giving up 5 hits and 2 earned runs. He did have 8 K's.
The Sox can pick him up as an “opener” like Crochet.

cpacmel

Looks like Brent is on the shelf for awhile with some forearm issues.

Headrick (forearm) was moved to the 60-day injured list at Triple-A St. Paul, Betsy Helfand of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports. "It's just going to take some time to build back up," Twins president of baseball operations Derek Falvey said.

Headrick was in the running for one of the Twins' final bullpen spots but began the season at Triple-A. He suffered the injury April 8. He had given up two runs in seven innings before he was hurt.

Top Bottom