MVC Players in 2024 Portal

SgtHulka

Based on the height of the 3 portalees listed so far in the recruiting forum , size is on the menu for future replacements.

DBird

Y'all are wondering who wants to stay. I'm hoping Pedon will have the stones to inform 2 or 3 players that their scholarships will not be renewed before his July 1st deadline.
I'll go with 3!

MadBird

I've always thought Sissoko could've been some help, but even I'm tired of waiting. He obviously didn't impress the coaches. Played 34 minutes in 9 games this year, shouldn't be hard for him to figger it out, or hard for coach to explain the future to him.

Lieb, I'm somewhat mixed on him - as has been said, 7'1 can't be taught, wasn't awful on the boards. Seems like it might be helpful to have a 7 footer around during practice. But maybe that's not a luxury we can afford. Not sure how much help he'll be down the road.

Gotta get stronger on the boards. All around for that matter. But gotta bring in some inside strength.

Rsolaw90

I think we will definitely do our due diligence and try to improve a few areas as some of you have stated. I don’t think there’s going to be a ton of roster turnover though. I saw someone’s post on Twitter, I mean X, that suggested we were going to have a large amount of that.

I don’t think there is automatically a correlation between reaching out to lots of people and roster turnover. Seems to me Coach is always trying to be prepared for what may happen.

Still, maybe two openings would not surprise me.

Redbird Alum 2004

I am in the camp we will have 5 spots to fill. 2 we wish wouldn't have to and three we all would want to.

Moreorless

I think we will definitely do our due diligence and try to improve a few areas as some of you have stated. I don’t think there’s going to be a ton of roster turnover though. I saw someone’s post on Twitter, I mean X, that suggested we were going to have a large amount of that.

I don’t think there is automatically a correlation between reaching out to lots of people and roster turnover. Seems to me Coach is always trying to be prepared for what may happen.

Still, maybe two openings would not surprise me.
I agree. If there’s too much replacement going on, someone will leave that probably should’ve been retained. The staff made a huge jump to me from Year 1 to Year 2. There is no reason to believe that won’t happen again. Pedon is now getting the guys that he wants. It’s all still headed in the right direction.

Redbird222

I was looking for 3 to 5 total roster moves. That's 1 to 3 more after the known departures of Lewis and Schmitt.

in my opinion it should be

Sissoko plus 1 -2 of the following (order my preference to leave)

Davis
Lieb
Kasubke

Players I hope are here next year
Johnny
Chase
Myles
Ty
Mal
Darious
Dalton - I think he plays defense, improvement assits:TO ratio, and leader.

I agree he had llacked nfidedence at the end of the year with his outside shot. I could say the same with others during various points of the season including Mal and Johnny. Johnny did not shoot it well after Christmas until about Feb and was passing up shots and one point.
We will start to find out next week.

SgtHulka

My understanding is that only players from teams where the coaches have left can enter the portal right now. The rest can enter the portal starting Monday. Next week should be interesting.
You Won’t Believe What Tuesday Has In Store! Click Here To See A Sneak Preview

SgtHulka

I was looking for 3 to 5 total roster moves. That's 1 to 3 more after the known departures of Lewis and Schmitt.

in my opinion it should be

Sissoko plus 1 -2 of the following (order my preference to leave)

Davis
Lieb
Kasubke

Players I hope are here next year
Johnny
Chase
Myles
Ty
Mal
Darious
Dalton - I think he plays defense, improvement assits:TO ratio, and leader.

I agree he had llacked nfidedence at the end of the year with his outside shot. I could say the same with others during various points of the season including Mal and Johnny. Johnny did not shoot it well after Christmas until about Feb and was passing up shots and one point.
We will start to find out next week.
This seems fair. I’d prefer we keep Lieb as a backup, Bring back the core with another big and a couple bigger guards via the Portillo’s Player Portal (why have they not jumped on that opportunity?) to challenge them. And if they overtake them, all the better for fans. Maybe a freshman will step up as a consistent shooter. Or Pence 🤷‍♂️

We need a size and speed boost
And a perimeter shooting boost
And a free throw shooting boost
Need a guy that can make the all defensive team
And a big that has the length to dunk and block shots readily
Anything else?

Redbird222

This seems fair. I’d prefer we keep Lieb as a backup, Bring back the core with another big and a couple bigger guards via the Portillo’s Player Portal (why have they not jumped on that opportunity?) to challenge them. And if they overtake them, all the better for fans. Maybe a freshman will step up as a consistent shooter. Or Pence 🤷‍♂️

We need a size and speed boost
And a perimeter shooting boost
And a free throw shooting boost
Need a guy that can make the all defensive team
And a big that has the length to dunk and block shots readily
Anything else?
A bank full of cash for the NIL deals

Top Bottom