MVC tourney staying in St. Louis

Aggie

Needs to be held selection weekend not the weekend before. Forget the national tv game drop back a week.

DoubleDeuce

The team that comes in “second” is more at risk of being left out of the dance. Gives P5 critics a whole week to criticize it. Also, another week in the season.
Fair. I kind of like the extra week of rest for our champion but you make good points.

Baltimore Bird

In my lifetime since ISU joined the MVC, the Championship game has gone from being on CBS on the final Saturday, back to Tuesday and now to the proceeding Sunday. We look 2nd rate and get treated that way. I agree with Aggie 100%.

dpdoughbird06

In my lifetime since ISU joined the MVC, the Championship game has gone from being on CBS on the final Saturday, back to Tuesday and now to the proceeding Sunday. We look 2nd rate and get treated that way. I agree with Aggie 100%.
Our tip-off has often been ignored when an 11 AM SEC regular season game ran long.

Folks forget that we were up 9-2 when CBS tuned in for 2008 final. Unfortunately the Birds were outscored 77-40 the rest of the way…

FriscoBird90

We were living in northern Virginia in 2009 when the CBS affiliate broke away from overtime of the ISU-UNI MVC tournament final game to join the tip-off of a regular season ACC game. That should tell you all you need to know about how the networks perceived the MVC even then, and this was only a couple of years after the MVC had sent multiple teams to the NCAA tournament.

ISU86

Our tip-off has often been ignored when an 11 AM SEC regular season game ran long.

Folks forget that we were up 9-2 when CBS tuned in for 2008 final. Unfortunately the Birds were outscored 77-40 the rest of the way…
This year the lead-in is the Big Ten Conference Women's Championship. Hoping that game isn't a foulfest after the under four minute timeout.

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
When were we the day before selection Sunday? Especially on CBS? We have only been on CBS since 2006. Before that was ESPN. Unless you mean 1983 which is the only other year we have been on CBS.

fdbird83

The MVC title game used to be on Monday night. They would have big crowds on Saturday and Sunday and then the crowds would be more like 7-8000 with a 8:35 start.

cubird

Oh wasn't the Horton Fieldhouse game on CBS against Tulsa? They brought in extra lights for that game. Raynard set the tone for the physicality on the court.

ISUalum19

Thats great. I still have never been to an arch madness before and would love to see one at the enterprise center.

Top Bottom