Youngstown St.

Manchester Matt

Played not to lose again and it finally bit us.

The season is essentially over. This one’s on the coaching staff. This Program is stuck in mud.

Redbird82

They deserved to lose, you can’t play without trying to win at all. Why not go for the FG? Miss it’s at the 20 same as the punt. You at least try to go up 7. That last drive is why you can’t depend 100% on defense. How do you go a whole half giving up nothing and then give up 80 in a minute and a half? Happens to a lot of teams, why you have to try to put it away. I have always defended Spack, best coach we ever had, but I’m about ready for a new voice

TIMMY

There was nothing up the middle, but frickin off tackle, outside zone and keeping it on the read would have been taking candy from a baby. Tommy should have kept it more on the read. It was there. Not to mention clock mgt. and the slowest chain gang in football history.

Adunk33

Staff member
The officiating was bad (both ways), the production (video) was abysmal, the conservative play and not choosing to attempt a FG on the last drive- mind boggling.

That said, I don’t follow FB as close as MBB but I was impressed with Rittenhouse. First read-option QB that seemed to have a hold on things since Tre. It’ll be fun to see Mueller and him in the backfield.

Feels like this team is going to shock the world next week and then lay a dud to Western.

Bird Friend

There was nothing up the middle, but frickin off tackle, outside zone and keeping it on the read would have been taking candy from a baby. Tommy should have kept it more on the read. It was there. Not to mention clock mgt. and the slowest chain gang in football history.
Agree, but I can guess Tommy may have been told to use his rushers. The good news here is either next year or year after we’ll have an exciting QB . . . provided he sticks around.

wish I could say I’m surprised by the ending of this game, but we had it coming. I’ve waiting for this to happen.

TIMMY

Agree, but I can guess Tommy may have been told to use his rushers. The good news here is either next year or year after we’ll have an exciting QB . . . provided he sticks around.

wish I could say I’m surprised by the ending of this game, but we had it coming. I’ve waiting for this to happen.
Yes, they could have been called gives. I would guess that they were. If not he needs to be more selfish. Brennan should be pissed. I would be.

redbirds2000

The officiating was bad (both ways), the production (video) was abysmal, the conservative play and not choosing to attempt a FG on the last drive- mind boggling.

That said, I don’t follow FB as close as MBB but I was impressed with Rittenhouse. First read-option QB that seemed to have a hold on things since Tre. It’ll be fun to see Mueller and him in the backfield.

Feels like this team is going to shock the world next week and then lay a dud to Western.
I have seen better video production of HS games that are streaming on YouTube.

cubird

Tommy is not very big. Can't run him too much. There were no holes up the middle. Too many guys out on offense to make that extra play. Hard to believe your best receiver is a former walkon that got no offers from DivII schools. He actually blocks well and gets yards after the catch. With Taula out and Deming coming off an injury...few catches down the middle of the field.

Virginia Redbird

Played not to lose again and it finally bit us.

The season is essentially over. This one’s on the coaching staff. This Program is stuck in mud.
I have to agree. 1:48 to kill for a win on the Penguin's end of the field and Spack goes total conservative and desperately trying not to lose a game they have in their hands. Yes, it bit him in the ass this time.

Really nice game by Rittenhouse. I thought he could have done a lot more of the read option since there was NOTHING in the middle. Not that it kept the Birds from beating themselves in the head over and over doing it. Must be awfully difficult for the opposing D-Coordinator, huh? Sobkowicz had a nice game with 6 receptions but what happened to the rest of the receiving corps? Sobkowicz caught 6 passes for 96 yards. Demming had one catch for 7 yards and that was it for Redbird receivers! That is not exactly spreading the ball around.

Also, some bad tackling by the Redbirds made decent or fairly short plays into big gainers.

A dismal ending to what should have been a good win for them at home. The season is officially over. Just playing out the string. Probably not going to be too pretty next week.

This one you can hang totally around the coaching staff's neck. Frustrating and disappointing to say the least.

ISUBU

I think the punter had a good game. Not sure of anyone else.

Top Bottom