News from Future Opponents

fourthandshort

I rest my case.

But frankly, they are more North-Northwest than they are Northwest. So I may change my acronym to NNW from now on. 🤪

1663879642371.png

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
But Northwestern is one word....so why would it NW? Should it be one word? Well that is a different question. But they make it one word so NU makes sense. St. Louis isn't SU, it's SLU. Three words = three letters.

Maybe I'm old and crazy though.

fourthandshort

But Northwestern is one word....so why would it NW? Should it be one word? Well that is a different question. But they make it one word so NU makes sense. St. Louis isn't SU, it's SLU. Three words = three letters.

This is a perfect bye week debate, so I will dig a deeper hole.

So in 2019, you will recall we beat .. correction .. beat the crap out of ... Southeast Missouri State .. aka, SEMO.

I again, rest my case !!!

Bird Friend

Staff member

You may be old and crazy, but that doesn’t mean you’re wrong.

MadBird

You may be old and crazy, but that doesn’t mean you’re wrong.
Well, if SEMO wants to be SEMO, fine for them and if NU wants to be NU, fine for them. MadBird's opinion aside, if the website is called NUsports.com, and they advertise for tickets with "NU Football", then NU it is (which is also "correct" in nitpicker MadBird's opinion ;) ).

fourthandshort

Yeesh, well if that aint a little b-tch move, I don't know what it is .. pay to get out of SIU, and then pay Lindenwood .. fresh out of D-II in 2021 ?? Have to wonder if it was in works already, or becauseSIU just beat Northwestern (aka NNW U ;) ) .. probs in works, but still a bad look.

Manchester Matt

Yeesh, well if that aint a little b-tch move, I don't know what it is .. pay to get out of SIU, and then pay Lindenwood .. fresh out of D-II in 2021 ?? Have to wonder if it was in works already, or becauseSIU just beat Northwestern (aka NNW U ;) ) .. probs in works, but still a bad look.
Southern gets a sizable buyout from Kansas and a big payout at another Big 12 school. Seems like a win-win for the Salukis.

fourthandshort

Southern gets a sizable buyout from Kansas and a big payout at another Big 12 school. Seems like a win-win for the Salukis.

Good point and very smart for them.

Interesting how Kansas only had to pay 135k to buy out of 500k .. does this sound normal ?

The game at BYU replaces a previously scheduled game at Kansas on the same day. SIU was slated to receive a $500,000 guarantee for playing the Jayhawks in 2024. Instead, Southern will receive a $560,000 payout ($425,000 from BYU, $135,000 from Kansas).

Bird Friend

Staff member
Good point and very smart for them.

Interesting how Kansas only had to pay 135k to buy out of 500k .. does this sound normal ?

The game at BYU replaces a previously scheduled game at Kansas on the same day. SIU was slated to receive a $500,000 guarantee for playing the Jayhawks in 2024. Instead, Southern will receive a $560,000 payout ($425,000 from BYU, $135,000 from Kansas).
Is somebody skimming? Who gets the other $60k?

Total Red

Staff member
Impressive but it looks like a lot of the newer NFL stadiums. I'm glad I got see a game there with the old college appeal.

1664419666555.png

Attachments

• 1664419551917.png
    1664419551917.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

MadBird

Impressive but it looks like a lot of the newer NFL stadiums. I'm glad I got see a game there with the old college appeal.

View attachment 801
12K fewer seats. Wow. The Ryan family must have deep deep pockets.

Part owner of the Bears? Too old to be the majority owner?? :)

Top Bottom