Welcome Ty Pence!

Baltimore Bird

There is a great Sun Times article on his commitment. I don't know how to get that on here, but I found it rather easily.
GO BIRDS

Total Red

Staff member
I almost fell out of my chair. Ty Pence said that not being in the NCAA tournament since 1998 ATTRACTED him to Illinois State. Credit Pedon and the staff. That's what great recruiters do. There aren't any negatives, just challenges, and Pence has accepted the challenge.
It's actually a great decision on his part. At some schools an NCAA bid is a ho-hum event. When we get back to the NCAA tournament Pedon and Pence will be ADORDED by all of Redbird Nation. This is a hungry program with a dormant and hungry fan base. The efforts of these coaches and players will not go unappreciated.

Redbirdwarrior

All of the write ups on this kid seem to tell me Pedon is not content with staying in his weight class when it comes to recruiting. Offers from Wake Forest, Belmont, Depaul, Loyola and interest from higher level programs than that. Seems recruits are buying in fast. Awesome to see.

Phantom

I almost fell out of my chair. Ty Pence said that not being in the NCAA tournament since 1998 ATTRACTED him to Illinois State. Credit Pedon and the staff. That's what great recruiters do. There aren't any negatives, just challenges, and Pence has accepted the challenge.
It's actually a great decision on his part. At some schools an NCAA bid is a ho-hum event. When we get back to the NCAA tournament Pedon and Pence will be ADORDED by all of Redbird Nation. This is a hungry program with a dormant and hungry fan base. The efforts of these coaches and players will not go unappreciated.
One of my favorite things about the kid so far. I can't remember a recruit ever saying something like that...and props to Pedon for talking about the drought as a fact and providing encouraging words to end it. Sure, we've been awful close with some real good teams in the last 20+ years but...it's still a hurdle. If this kid wants to be here at least in part because he wants to turn that around, that's a pretty huge get right there in itself.

Adunk33

One of my favorite things about the kid so far. I can't remember a recruit ever saying something like that...and props to Pedon for talking about the drought as a fact and providing encouraging words to end it. Sure, we've been awful close with some real good teams in the last 20+ years but...it's still a hurdle. If this kid wants to be here at least in part because he wants to turn that around, that's a pretty huge get right there in itself.
Johnny Kinzinger said that was one of the reasons he's coming too. He wants to be a part of the thing that brings the Birds back to relevance. Honestly, this Pence news has really been getting shared around social media. Other recruits are going to see how hyped this fan base/community gets around a solid commitment and that could help sell them. I just look forward to November 10th where fans can welcome in 3 NLI's and then Pedon and the boys beat Eastern by 30.

Top Bottom