John Kinziger commits!

CB2K

Welcome aboard John!

Looking forward to seeing you represent Redbird Nation in 2023.

I like that he is remaining a Redbird!

crazzymark

Alright another guard. Just what ISU needs, dont have any on the roster🙄. 50 3 pts shots a game fantastic. 😳

Redbird Alum 2004

Welcome John!

I like this kind of player that know how to use screens and shoot. The fact he is a winner is an added plus.

BirdGrad2011

Alright another guard. Just what ISU needs, dont have any on the roster🙄. 50 3 pts shots a game fantastic. 😳
We lose at least Sandage next year plus we have one scholarship currently open that doesn’t look like it will be filled this year. Why are you crying?

Bird Friend

As much as you may not like it, the three is the game now. Even bigs shoot threes now. We lose at least two 3-pt shooters before Kinziger arrives, so he’s not adding any more threes than we’ll already have. And if you get a chance, go look at Kinziger’s highlights. He shows he’s got a good mid-range shot, and can take the ball to the hoop finishing through contact.

Birds4Life

As much as you may not like it, the three is the game now. Even bigs shoot threes now. We lose at least two 3-pt shooters before Kinziger arrives, so he’s not adding any more threes than we’ll already have. And if you get a chance, go look at Kinziger’s highlights. He shows he’s got a good mid-range shot, and can take the ball to the hoop finishing through contact.
Watched hid highlights today and he could really take it to the hoop. Seems tough as nails

DougSutton

Congrats to John and welcome! Seems like a very similar size and style of player as Brock Harding who we had offered and just committed to Iowa.

John plays on Team Herro AAU (Tyler Herro). Here's their roster. Curious who else John might be connected to both on his AAU team and beyond that he may help to recruit with him.

As has been discussed on here before, there have been a number of important freshman recruits that have been in the first full recruiting class of Illinois State coaches. I'm not worried about his height, at all.

Bob Bender - Richard Thomas 6'0"
Kevin Stallings - Jamar Smiley 5'11"
Dan Muller - Paris Lee 6'0"

We also had a few other point guards 6' or under that were pretty solid in the last 25 years in Victor Williams (5'9") and Nic Moore (5'9")

Hamdonger

As has been discussed on here before, there have been a number of important freshman recruits that have been in the first full recruiting class of Illinois State coaches. I'm not worried about his height, at all.

Bob Bender - Richard Thomas 6'0"
Kevin Stallings - Jamar Smiley 5'11"
Dan Muller - Paris Lee 6'0"

We also had a few other point guards 6' or under that were pretty solid in the last 25 years in Victor Williams (5'9") and Nic Moore (5'9")

David Cason. 6'0". Stallings first PG (juco) recruit. Almost 7 assists per game senior yr.

DaveBird10

Welcome to Redbird Country John, glad to have you as a Redbird. From what I have seen and read this kid can get to the hoop and knows how to score. He's on pace to pass Brevin Pritzl as the all-time leading scorer in De Pere history and already passed Pritzl in 3s made. Excited to see this kid in a Redbird uniform next year.

Top Bottom