Josiah Strong Gone

Aggie

Agree we do not need to comment on players leaving program. I think everyone except people who were emotionally involved with the program knew that it was on thin ice this last year. Win big or go home and if one realistically looked at the program it maybe could have won, but not big enough. The new guy needs to bring in what his system needs and that means some of the last group goes. Maybe a whole lot of the last group. With new portal rules get used to this happening even if the coach stays. No use saying could of should of, it did not happen and now it all has changed. Wish the guys leaving good luck in your new venture and thanks for the time you were here. If you get too emotionally attached to players/coaches in this new reality college basketball has become you may need to follow another college sport.

Baltimore Bird

Malachi Poindexter is a Transfer Portal player from UVA. There was a tweet he was becoming a Redbird. There is another Topic devoted entirely to him.

DWRedbird

I'll miss Jo, I liked his shot and his tenacity and I agree with Adunk in another thread stand up guy for doing all the team community activities. I'll be rooting for him wherever he goes next.

DWRedbird

He'd be an interesting fit at Loyola Chicago, but my guess is he goes home to Minnesota.

MadBird

If Minnesota offers, he's going there. If we've learned anything...every kid's from Minnesota's dream is to play for the Gophs. See Reggie Lynch and Zach Lofton.
Ahhh, you mean except the kids who are at Gonzaga or Wisconsin or ??? Lots of kids left town and didn't look back. Maybe you mean ISU recruits from Minny? I spose our Minnesota kids from the old days didn't get offers - Schaefbauer and Skarich and Vandegard. Maybe I'm missing some.

Race Thompson at Indiana resisted last year, I know that.

Adunk33

Ahhh, you mean except the kids who are at Gonzaga or Wisconsin or ??? Lots of kids left town and didn't look back. Maybe you mean ISU recruits from Minny? I spose our Minnesota kids from the old days didn't get offers - Schaefbauer and Skarich and Vandegard. Maybe I'm missing some.

Race Thompson at Indiana resisted last year, I know that.
Sorry, the sarcasm didn't translate well. Yeah, I was talking specifically to ISU recruits from Minnesota who returned to Minnesota. There's been a bunch of Minnesota jokes on here over the years. S/o to Jigga.

crazzymark

Good luck Josiah! And are we going to have enough guys to field a team next year?
yep plenty of DI players within 200 miles and many D III players too and dont forget the 5 walk ons on the team. Murry State will be shaking in their sneakers. :rolleyes:

isuquinndog

Administrator
Staff member
yep plenty of DI players within 200 miles and many D III players too and dont forget the 5 walk ons on the team. Murry State will be shaking in their sneakers. :rolleyes:
Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

cubird

If Strong does not come back, we now need at least 2 shooters and a guy that can get his own shot. Hope Chatman is staying. Thought he transferred to ISU having a connection to Strong.

MadBird

Sorry, the sarcasm didn't translate well. Yeah, I was talking specifically to ISU recruits from Minnesota who returned to Minnesota. There's been a bunch of Minnesota jokes on here over the years. S/o to Jigga.
Okay, for sure we've had a few dandies. and "dandy" hangers on.

MadBird

Story in today's Minneapolis Star-Tribune mentions Strong and two other Minneapolis area guards in the portal who the coach has talked to. The others are Michael Jones from Davidson and Ryan Larson from Wofford. The kid from Davidson also has interest from Stanford, Iowa State, Wake Forest and Clemson. Gophers lose 3 guards to graduation but have no one in the portal at this point.

GOP_Redbird

In fairness to Jo....that is how he was taught to play within the previous regimes "offensive scheme."

I agree that I'm excited for Pedon to have the chance to bring in his own team and hit the ground running. We can do that without talking poorly about previous players that clearly had talent and were in a bad situation.
Come on snowflake - In what world was the comment by TR4H talking poorly about players? The comment was clearly about Dan Muller’s prison-ball “offensive scheme”.

ISU86

Come on snowflake - In what world was the comment by TR4H talking poorly about players? The comment was clearly about Dan Muller’s prison-ball “offensive scheme”.
And where in AD33 comment infer he did talk poorly about players? He essentially said the same thing you attempted to, albeit with a little more polish.

But, nothing like labeling and shooting at faux targets.

MadBird

Article about 8 transfers Minnesota is interested in, including Strong. Three Big 10 guys, Clemson, Elon, Morehead St., Davidson.

JOSIAH STRONG, ILLINOIS STATE – The former Champlin Park star averaged 11.5 points his last two years with the Redbirds. As a senior this season, he also averaged 3.3 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and shot a career-best 40.9% from three.

Prior to playing for Illinois State, Strong played at Iowa Western College and Navy. The Brooklyn Park native reportedly heard from Iowa State, Clemson, Minnesota, Western Kentucky, Fresno State and others after entering the portal.

DaveBird10

Top Bottom