Bucknell

Dmills

Reeves shot 3-16 and we still won. This team proved that they can win without Reeves putting up 30 points. Washington played very aggressive and did a great job getting to the free throw line. Chatman played pretty solid, but I wish he would stop shooting so much from outside. Fleming played well and hit some huge free throws under pressure. Strong hit a huge shot and scored 12 points on 8 shots. And finally the big one, Freeman shot 60% from the floor and 100% from the line for 34 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists. We also only had 11 turnovers and we had more bench points than any other game this season. Yes, there is obviously room for improvement and there were a lot of defensive breakdowns, but this team plays hard and doesn't give up. Looking forward to the Cancun Challenge against some quality opponents and hoping to pick up at least 1 win.

jamminjamarsmiley

Reeves shot 3-16 and we still won. This team proved that they can win without Reeves putting up 30 points. Washington played very aggressive and did a great job getting to the free throw line. Chatman played pretty solid, but I wish he would stop shooting so much from outside. Fleming played well and hit some huge free throws under pressure. Strong hit a huge shot and scored 12 points on 8 shots. And finally the big one, Freeman shot 60% from the floor and 100% from the line for 34 points, 7 rebounds and 7 assists. We also only had 11 turnovers and we had more bench points than any other game this season. Yes, there is obviously room for improvement and there were a lot of defensive breakdowns, but this team plays hard and doesn't give up. Looking forward to the Cancun Challenge against some quality opponents and hoping to pick up at least 1 win.
Dude, we played bucknell, not gonzaga

RedbirdSoxFan

I honestly wouldn't be surprised go lose. Actually I hope we lose both to seal Dan's earlier exit. But I hope the kids do well and have fun and all that.
Sorry, but Illinois State will not be playing Thursday in St Louis. With zero seniors, Redbirds could be playing on Sunday in 2023!

Last edited:

Birdswin

I did see a number of positives - Freeman scoring on pullup jumpers around the lane - I want more of that. I saw more energy on defense. When it was 84-79 with 32 seconds - the team showed a lot of character to may a comeback. How often has that happened in the past 4 years??? There is still a LOT of room for improvement on rebounding, defense, and offensive shot selection for a number of players - however, this game did show improvement and gave a little bit of hope for the rest of the season.

Top Bottom