Chris Collins?

topiarydan

So Collins is supposed to be on hot seat at NU. If it goes south for him - does ISU have a chance? Even ifts a chance to get back to a power conference in 5 yrs?

BirdGrad2011

So Collins is supposed to be on hot seat at NU. If it goes south for him - does ISU have a chance? Even ifts a chance to get back to a power conference in 5 yrs?
We let Muller kill his legacy so why not let Collins try to kill his dads.

gobirds85

What about Billy Gillespie currently coaching down at Tarleton St? Big school experience and yes, he has some baggage but there are a lot of coaches out there with junk in their trunk. We had 2,900 in the seats last night with a game against a decent foe.

Collins will not come here. No way, no how.

Bird Friend

What about Billy Gillespie currently coaching down at Tarleton St? Big school experience and yes, he has some baggage but there are a lot of coaches out there with junk in their trunk. We had 2,900 in the seats last night with a game against a decent foe.

Collins will not come here. No way, no how.
Pretty sure Doug has asked Chris to stay away. Doug loves ISU and doesn't want the chance something will come between him and the university.

DWRedbird

Probably but they're not taking his baggage. He'll, they might not even take Jans.

I wouldn't take Jans because I think his off the court stuff will get him in trouble, and it would be like hiring a ticking timebomb. At this point I would say the same about Gillespie that was suggested above. They can coach for sure, but it almost feels like a matter of time before they have an off court issue tanks all success they have.

Marshall, I wouldn't personally want because after sitting behind the visiting bench his entire Valley tenure, I can tell you that he is abusive and toxic to everyone around him. That said if ISU hired him, I wouldn't stop watching and we would likely win. The guy can coach, but he's a grade A-asshole.

MadBird

I wouldn't take Jans because I think his off the court stuff will get him in trouble, and it would be like hiring a ticking timebomb. At this point I would say the same about Gillespie that was suggested above. They can coach for sure, but it almost feels like a matter of time before they have an off court issue tanks all success they have.

Marshall, I wouldn't personally want because after sitting behind the visiting bench his entire Valley tenure, I can tell you that he is abusive and toxic to everyone around him. That said if ISU hired him, I wouldn't stop watching and we would likely win. The guy can coach, but he's a grade A-asshole.
Not picking on you DW, you seem to recognize the baggage, just jumping on here.

Why the hell would ISU even give either of these dudes a passing look when there are dozens, hundreds, I don't know, lots and lots of decent hard working WINNERS out there?? You don't have to go with anyone with any baggage. Other schools seem to be able to find them, I'm sure we can too.

DWRedbird

Why the hell would ISU even give either of these dudes a passing look when there are dozens, hundreds, I don't know, lots and lots of decent hard working WINNERS out there?? You don't have to go with anyone with any baggage. Other schools seem to be able to find them, I'm sure we can too.

I personally wouldn't touch Jans, Gillespie, or Marshall with a 10ft pole. They are bombs waiting to explode, but I know there are those both in the fanbase and administration who wouldn't care about that if they thought these guys could win some games for ISU. Are there others that can win, sure, but these guys are known commodities and their baggage makes them more "attainable" for schools like ISU than some others.

Birdfriend72

Because there are many of coaches that have “baggage”. Look at Bobby Huggins at West Virginia. I will say I had never liked Thuggins. But, he has done what heck of a job there.

Top Bottom