Former Redbirds...

bombay

Devaughn Akoon-Purcell will be playing for the Atlanta Hawks Summer League.

He ended up with a couple of 10 day stints with the Nuggets when he played for their summer league team 2 years ago. I hope he sticks with the Hawks.

Adunk33

DAP playing on ESPN3
13 points, 8 rebounds, and an assist in 27 minutes. At 28 years old, he was kind of the calm, cool, and collected vet out there with young guys who are just trying to get theirs. The Hawks lost to Boston 85-83 and I don't believe he touched the ball the last minute or so. He was playing the "5" in a small ball line up. Summer League, especially this game was really bad basketball.

Redbird60451

13 points, 8 rebounds, and an assist in 27 minutes. At 28 years old, he was kind of the calm, cool, and collected vet out there with young guys who are just trying to get theirs. The Hawks lost to Boston 85-83 and I don't believe he touched the ball the last minute or so. He was playing the "5" in a small ball line up. Summer League, especially this game was really bad basketball

It's partly bad because they've only practiced for a week together, if that. Then you have a mix of guys basically all competing for the same 1/2 end of bench spots on what ever respective teams they are playing for, and they are auditioning for other teams/g-league/overseas ect..... So it's a very 'ME' mentality in these games. All the coaches and scouts are there at all these games, they see things at a different level then any of us will, the book on DAP is out there, this is just the opportunity to remind those scouts he's out there and what role he could fill cheaply at the end of the bench. Also they do get paid, and get to hang a vegas for a couple of weeks. Not bad for a 2 week summer job, before he goes back overseas.

SgtHulka

Glad he's got a second sport he is D1 capable of competing at. Wish him the best

Bird Friend

Staff member
He's a lucky devil
rimshot GIF

cubird

FWIW. Saw almost a Redbird Justin Dentmon today playing in the 3 Big League.

bombay

FWIW. Saw almost a Redbird Justin Dentmon today playing in the 3 Big League.

His team (Tri-state) just won to advance to the playoffs. His breautiful 9-10 year old daughter came out of the stands to give him a big smile and a hug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom