Division of Intercollegiate Athletics Finances

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubird

As been discussed at nauseam concerning buyout in the Fire Muller thread, there was a comment in the News Gazette about the Illinois DIA borrowing from the University to pay bills. Apparently, they are receiving a 14 year loan of $33,000,000 from the campus to cover bills and debt service on long- term borrowing for facilities. No rainy day tv money fund to fall back on! The pandemic did not stop the the start and soon to be completed soccer , track and field complex including stands and team facilities. Also, DIA has broken ground for additions to both baseball and softball complexes. Next is doubling the square footage of the basketball practice facility. Helps to have lots of rich graduates who want to give back to the University. Get that Engineering Program up and running,

BirdGrad2011

As been discussed at nauseam concerning buyout in the Fire Muller thread, there was a comment in the News Gazette about the Illinois DIA borrowing from the University to pay bills. Apparently, they are receiving a 14 year loan of $33,000,000 from the campus to cover bills and debt service on long- term borrowing for facilities. No rainy day tv money fund to fall back on! The pandemic did not stop the the start and soon to be completed soccer , track and field complex including stands and team facilities. Also, DIA has broken ground for additions to both baseball and softball complexes. Next is doubling the square footage of the basketball practice facility. Helps to have lots of rich graduates who want to give back to the University. Get that Engineering Program up and running,
One phone call to the Jags owner takes care of any money questions.

cubird

Lately, his extra $ has been going into his Son Tony’s AEW.

cubird

I stand corrected, Kahn is now throwing a bone to Tebow as a TE.

bombay

Who cares? It’s worth the signing just to see all these Kaepernick-justifiers wet their pants.
You're an idiot. It doesn't surprise me that you think a 34 year old who has never played the position he wants to play and is slower than the worst linebacker in the league will be good.

Last edited:

CaliRdBrd

You're an idiot. It doesn't surprise me that you think a 34 year old who has never played the position he wants to play and is slower than the worst linebacker in the league will be good.
Hey, asshat.
Where did I say he’d be good?

TIMMY

1tXH.gif

ricohill

Back to the original point. Yes, everyone says we don’t have a Koch brother or a Kahn to fall back on. However, ISU athletics has had one major athletic facility project to get built in the last decade (indoor practice facility) and can’t even get it off the ground. All while the rest of the MVFC conference has blown past us in facilities since renovating Hancock (only Indiana State has worse facilities in the league).

However, the Redbirds Rising Campaign showed they can raise money. The fact Dietz and the Board didn’t prioritize using money from that to build something is still disappointing. You raise that much and don’t build the practice facility makes it seem like athletics is pretty low on the priority list.

Birdfriend72

Hey, asshat.
Where did I say he’d be good?
While I usually agree with most of what you say regarding the redbirds...I disagree with this. Unless I am misunderstanding your point...you think that Kaepernick shouldn't be employed because he believes in a cause? Tebow is an idiot...hope he gets knocked out.

TIMMY

While I usually agree with most of what you say regarding the redbirds...I disagree with this. Unless I am misunderstanding your point...you think that Kaepernick shouldn't be employed because he believes in a cause? Tebow is an idiot...hope he gets knocked out.

tenor.gif

Redbird Alum 2004

Kap has been offered and worked out multiple times. He doesn't actually want to play because he makes more doing what he does without the risk of injury. Tebow left football and went to baseball. He has been staying in shape and I always thought he should be a TE. Why is he an idiot? Because he believes in God? Because he kneels to pray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom