Bye DJ

Cindy00

Your are correct, decisions are made for individuals based off of what they feel are best and should not have to be explained. However, it irritates us as parents to see grown adults attack a young persons character without knowing anything about them or why decisions are made. Thank you for your support and DJ will be great wherever he ends up!!

I totally understand that and give both of you credit for coming on here and being respectful (unlike some of our fans). I have nephews around the same age as DJ and I always think about how I and the rest of my family would feel reading some of the stuff that is posted about any of them. Thank you for being awesome parents and always supportive of your kids.

CaliRdBrd

I’m here, and for the record. I’m Dj’s father(my wife occasionally post sometimes)! Anything you need ask me as it pertains to my kid please DM me and I’ll send you my number and we can have a truthful conversation. Id rather attempt to debunk serval lies and gross accusations concerning my son! Dj is a great kid, I respect his decision, but never influenced him once to leave ISU On the contrary, it was the complete opposite! 🏀’s in your court if you’re up to speaking with me or anyone seeking the truth......

please people, my family and I are decent people and most Redbird fans we’ve meet were extremely cordial & warm towards us on our MANY visits to Normal. I realize this is a Forum where everyone can voice their opinions, I respect that, where I take issue is when people post complete lies about a kid with no regard, simply amazing to me!
This post hits home.

Localfan

I think he saying Dan needs to start building a program that wants to win. Talented kids want to be in Indy in March. It takes a team to do that. Dan needs to put together a roster of kids that want to compete. I think he needs to look in the mirror...the writing is on the wall.
Many people said that years ago, but here we are.

Adunk33

Staff member
Add Davidson, FGCU, Maquette, and Colorado to the list of teams reaching out to DJ.

RedbirdSoxFan

Why is it when someone like Horne feels different than you...you trash him or them? Or someone has a different view than you then they are dumb or it’s wrong? You ever stop to think when the kids start leaving...it’s not about me or you- it’s about the way the program is run. Horne is just stating the facts. When the players start speaking up- I think you should have at least one eye open. Without the players... you don’t have a program! Guys like Matt Hein aren’t starting material. It doesn’t mean they aren’t good people- you aren’t going to hire janitors to be electricians. To spell it out for you- if muller can’t recruit talented players he can’t be successful unless he can develop them. They usually aren’t here long enough to know if he can develop them because they leave when they are sophomores or are graduating because he brought them in as juniors. Paris Lee is the one kid that comes to mind that muller developed for four years. He needs 2-3 of those a year to be Loyola.
Please enlighten me on how I trashed DJ. I would challenge you to go back through my post (which you obviously haven’t) and show an example of where I have trashed any player.
As for this post, I did not trash DJ, I just used his exact quote of needing to be around players that could push him to be a better player. Since Howard, Antonio, and Emon were players that he went up against in practice, I’m guessing that he is saying that they weren’t capable of pushing him to be a better player. So I ask you, “Who did I trash”?

Redbirdfan06

Understood and I appreciate your support.
Did you have any interactions with yak because you have said that this team would have looked different if he was around? Was he involved in any of the recruiting for DJ?

Also, it seems like you didn’t feel Rey had a fair shake at isu? Was that due to coaching or lack of developing
bigs?

Trey_Guidry4three

Did DJ say his teammates suck? Please don’t take my son comments out on context! Thanks 🙏🏿... and where did you meet my son, you claimed you did in another one of your posts, on a different thread. I’m just curious 🧐

At an event when he was a freshman.

IMO, when someone says they need better teammates to push them or make them better is pretty much saying they aren't either 1. Any good or 2. Not up to ones standards. My educated guess is 1 & 2.

Although I appreciate the passion and support that you have for your son, if primarily an opinion based public message board that discusses the ups and downs of a public university basketball program really grinds your gears... I'm sorry. I would actually say your son is probably one of the few bright spots on this board and very little is said about him negatively. I wish him the best at his next college and professional career.

RedbirdSoxFan

That whatever team DJ goes to will beat ISU next season in this grand matchup you’re so excited to watch. was that not clear?
Wasn’t about who I thought would win, or even who he would be playing for, but more about them having an opportunity to play against him. But you go ahead and make it about whatever you want to make it about.

AllFacts

At an event when he was a freshman.

IMO, when someone says they need better teammates to push them or make them better is pretty much saying they aren't either 1. Any good or 2. Not up to ones standards. My educated guess is 1 & 2.

Although I appreciate the passion and support that you have for your son, if primarily an opinion based public message board that discusses the ups and downs of a public university basketball program really grinds your gears... I'm sorry. I would actually say your son is probably one of the few bright spots on this board and very little is said about him negatively. I wish him the best at his next college and professional career.
Appreciate your response Trey, and as for this board, I’ve said several times I respect others opinions just seems unfair to post speculation over truths! No harm done, I have thick skin and can take it! Dj will be fine wherever he lands.

AllFacts

Did you have any interactions with yak because you have said that this team would have looked different if he was around? Was he involved in any of the recruiting for DJ?

Also, it seems like you didn’t feel Rey had a fair shake at isu? Was that due to coaching or lack of developing
bigs?
Never had a single interaction with Yak, just gut a feeling I had about the guy! No, he wasn't part of DJ's recruiting.

Rey benefited from different style of play IMO, no knock on ISU, again just another one of my gut feelings. Sometimes a change of scenery can mean the world of difference.

topiarydan

Can we put a nail in this thread now? The kid didn't want to stick around and take the leadership mantle and see what happens. He wants to go elsewhere - ok done. Good luck to the kid and his parents. Time to see what can be salvaged.

AllFacts

Can we put a nail in this thread now? The kid didn't want to stick around and take the leadership mantle and see what happens. He wants to go elsewhere - ok done. Good luck to the kid and his parents. Time to see what can be salvaged.
Mom speaking here......your right, on to the next subject. He stuck around for two years and received the same results!!! He will be fine just like any other player will be. Best wishes to the program and to the fans also.

Bird Friend

Mom speaking here......your right, on to the next subject. He stuck around for two years and received the same results!!! He will be fine just like any other player will be. Best wishes to the program and to the fans also.
Please forgive the bitterness of some on here. 20+ years of unfulfilled wishes do that to some folks.

Best wishes to you, your husband, DJ, and the rest of the fam. DJ seems like a kid that wants to prove himself in big game situations, and those have unfortunately been rare here. He's gonna make some money playing this game. Hoping for the best for him!

Birdfriend72

Please forgive the bitterness of some on here. 20+ years of unfulfilled wishes do that to some folks.

Best wishes to you, your husband, DJ, and the rest of the fam. DJ seems like a kid that wants to prove himself in big game situations, and those have unfortunately been rare here. He's gonna make some money playing this game. Hoping for the best for him!
Agree with Birdfriend...did I just say that? Well said!! :)

Top Bottom