Bye DJ

RedbirdSoxFan

Fleming showed promise for a freshman as did Washington. I wish they had upperclassman to learn from, but those 2 do have bright days ahead. They are just nowhere near ready today to lead this team to where we all want.
DJ will be missed, but if Dan can sign a Hawkins or Fisher level Power Forward & an adequate young backup for Dusan for the upcoming season (and to replace him in 2022-23 season) the Redbirds will be competitive. And with all the other defections in the Valley, who knows where the Birds can finish.

AllFacts

Where is @AllFacts aka Horne’s handlers or parents? I figured he would be taking a victory lap on here.
I’m here, and for the record. I’m Dj’s father(my wife occasionally post sometimes)! Anything you need ask me as it pertains to my kid please DM me and I’ll send you my number and we can have a truthful conversation. Id rather attempt to debunk serval lies and gross accusations concerning my son! Dj is a great kid, I respect his decision, but never influenced him once to leave ISU On the contrary, it was the complete opposite! 🏀’s in your court if you’re up to speaking with me or anyone seeking the truth......

please people, my family and I are decent people and most Redbird fans we’ve meet were extremely cordial & warm towards us on our MANY visits to Normal. I realize this is a Forum where everyone can voice their opinions, I respect that, where I take issue is when people post complete lies about a kid with no regard, simply amazing to me!

Last edited:

AllFacts

As I have heard from several past players, the "culture" that Dan Muller has created is toxic. And wow DJ.... you might as well come out and say your teammates suck and are less holy than you! Props for telling the truth but oh my!
Did DJ say his teammates suck? Please don’t take my son comments out on context! Thanks 🙏🏿... and where did you meet my son, you claimed you did in another one of your posts, on a different thread. I’m just curious 🧐

JHBird

Did DJ say his teammates suck? Please don’t take my son comments out on context! Thanks 🙏🏿... and where did you meet my son, you claimed you did in another one of your posts, on a different thread. I’m just curious 🧐
Good luck to your son. He was nothing but a class act here.

Birdfriend72

Yeah they do. I guess your friends didn't donate as much as they claimed.
Lol- I laugh that you think someone should donate to a brand that has no desire to be successful. You keep doing what your doing...because that is highly success. I can give you the name of at least 10 people that were former donors that are waiting for ISU to prove they care about putting a winning program on the floor.

Birdfriend72

Sounds like he is saying Reeves, Fleming, and Washington aren’t good enough to push him. Sounds like there may have been a little tension between DJ, and one or more of those three. Would love to see a matchup between the Birds and whoever DJ is playing for next season.
Why is it when someone like Horne feels different than you...you trash him or them? Or someone has a different view than you then they are dumb or it’s wrong? You ever stop to think when the kids start leaving...it’s not about me or you- it’s about the way the program is run. Horne is just stating the facts. When the players start speaking up- I think you should have at least one eye open. Without the players... you don’t have a program! Guys like Matt Hein aren’t starting material. It doesn’t mean they aren’t good people- you aren’t going to hire janitors to be electricians. To spell it out for you- if muller can’t recruit talented players he can’t be successful unless he can develop them. They usually aren’t here long enough to know if he can develop them because they leave when they are sophomores or are graduating because he brought them in as juniors. Paris Lee is the one kid that comes to mind that muller developed for four years. He needs 2-3 of those a year to be Loyola.

Last edited:

Birdfriend72

As I have heard from several past players, the "culture" that Dan Muller has created is toxic. And wow DJ.... you might as well come out and say your teammates suck and are less holy than you! Props for telling the truth but oh my!!
I think he saying Dan needs to start building a program that wants to win. Talented kids want to be in Indy in March. It takes a team to do that. Dan needs to put together a roster of kids that want to compete. I think he needs to look in the mirror...the writing is on the wall.

jamminjamarsmiley

Sounds like he is saying Reeves, Fleming, and Washington aren’t good enough to push him. Sounds like there may have been a little tension between DJ, and one or more of those three. Would love to see a matchup between the Birds and whoever DJ is playing for next season.
I’ll put my money on DJ’s team

jamminjamarsmiley

I’m here, and for the record. I’m Dj’s father(my wife occasionally ports sometimes)! Anything you need ask me as it pertains to my kid please DM me and I’ll send you my number and we can have a truthful conversation. Id rather attempt to debunk serval lies and gross accusations concerning my son! Dj is a great kid, I respect his decision, but never influenced him once to leave ISU On the contrary, it was the complete opposite! 🏀’s in your court if you’re up to speaking with me or anyone seeking the truth......

please people, my family and I are decent people and most Redbird fans we’ve meet were extremely cordial & warm towards us on our MANY visits to Normal. I realize this is a Forum where everyone can voice their opinions, I respect that, where I take issue is when people post complete lies about a kid with no regard, simply amazing to me!
Thanks for sharing all this info. I find it interesting that DJ chose to leave even though you encouraged him to stay.

I would like to know why did you feel he should stay? Is this a loyalty thing or do you believe in Muller and his brand of basketball? To a casual fan it seems pretty clear Muller is in over his head, and yes while your son was the beneficiary of the Chuck and run offense, it didn’t seem like he would ever be able to win games under this coaching staff.

SgtHulka

oh yeah snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

SgtHulka

I’m here, and for the record. I’m Dj’s father(my wife occasionally ports sometimes)! Anything you need ask me as it pertains to my kid please DM me and I’ll send you my number and we can have a truthful conversation. Id rather attempt to debunk serval lies and gross accusations concerning my son! Dj is a great kid, I respect his decision, but never influenced him once to leave ISU On the contrary, it was the complete opposite! 🏀’s in your court if you’re up to speaking with me or anyone seeking the truth......

Best to your son. I am tired of the trend in college BB for everyones need for trying to reset constantly. Sign of the times I guess.

SgtHulka

Why is it when someone like Horne feels different than you...you trash him or them? Or someone has a different view than you then they are dumb or it’s wrong? You ever stop to think when the kids start leaving...it’s not about me or you- it’s about the way the program is run. Horne is just stating the facts. When the players start speaking up- I think you should have at least one eye open. Without the players... you don’t have a program! Guys like Matt Hein aren’t starting material. It doesn’t mean they aren’t good people- you aren’t going to hire janitors to be electricians. To spell it out for you- if muller can’t recruit talented players he can’t be successful unless he can develop them. They usually aren’t here long enough to know if he can develop them because they leave when they are sophomores or are graduating because he brought them in as juniors. Paris Lee is the one kid that comes to mind that muller developed for four years. He needs 2-3 of those a year to be Loyola.
Its so refreshing to have a level headed person here who doesn't run others down because their opinions differ, or they decide to insert an opinion into someone else's narrative whether it matches their opinion or not.

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

AllFacts

Thanks for sharing all this info. I find it interesting that DJ chose to leave even though you encouraged him to stay.

I would like to know why did you feel he should stay? Is this a loyalty thing or do you believe in Muller and his brand of basketball? To a casual fan it seems pretty clear Muller is in over his head, and yes while your son was the beneficiary of the Chuck and run offense, it didn’t seem like he would ever be able to win games under this coaching staff.
When it comes down to it, DJ is 20 and will ultimately make his own decisions....however, my vision as a father when he committed to ISU was for four years. My family and I even looked at real estate in the area as a second home to support our son. Fast forward to now, DJ made his decision based off of what he has experienced in the last two years on and off the court!! DJ is also a young man who plays hard to win and wants to be part of a winning program. He gave it two years and came to the conclusion he wanted to move forward. At the time assumptions were being broadcasted on this forum since freshman year, DJ was not transferring as was said. There’s a lot of things on here that we laugh about because of course it’s a messy forum and situation alone. People say they know his people in our hometown, they say they are inside of Redbirds athletics, who they say they are changes in each thread, funny to me(his mother). I wish this program nothing but the best however, if recruits or their parents read all of this it will ultimately discourage them. No one knows the truth other than the players and the coaches. For the record my son gets along very well with each and every one of his teammates and is highly regarded in that aspect, that has never been an issue. Once again, if anyone wants to have a direct conversation my DM is always open.

Cindy00

It was a pleasure to watch DJ play and I know I'll still be cheering for him. He has always seemed like one of the good ones. As much as I would have loved for him to finish out his college career as a Redbird he needs to do what is best for him as a human being. We all make decisions about our life and we shouldn't have to explain those decisions to people that do not know us personally. I did meet you and your wife at a couple of games. I could tell how much you guys enjoyed being Redbird supporters. Your entire family will be missed by many of the Redbird faithful. Good luck to DJ in all the things he does in the future.

AllFacts

It was a pleasure to watch DJ play and I know I'll still be cheering for him. He has always seemed like one of the good ones. As much as I would have loved for him to finish out his college career as a Redbird he needs to do what is best for him as a human being. We all make decisions about our life and we shouldn't have to explain those decisions to people that do not know us personally. I did meet you and your wife at a couple of games. I could tell how much you guys enjoyed being Redbird supporters. Your entire family will be missed by many of the Redbird faithful. Good luck to DJ in all the things he does in the future.
Your are correct, decisions are made for individuals based off of what they feel are best and should not have to be explained. However, it irritates us as parents to see grown adults attack a young persons character without knowing anything about them or why decisions are made. Thank you for your support and DJ will be great wherever he ends up!!

Birdfriend72

When it comes down to it, DJ is 20 and will ultimately make his own decisions....however, my vision as a father when he committed to ISU was for four years. My family and I even looked at real estate in the area as a second home to support our son. Fast forward to now, DJ made his decision based off of what he has experienced in the last two years on and off the court!! DJ is also a young man who plays hard to win and wants to be part of a winning program. He gave it two years and came to the conclusion he wanted to move forward. At the time assumptions were being broadcasted on this forum since freshman year, DJ was not transferring as was said. There’s a lot of things on here that we laugh about because of course it’s a messy forum and situation alone. People say they know his people in our hometown, they say they are inside of Redbirds athletics, who they say they are changes in each thread, funny to me(his mother). I wish this program nothing but the best however, if recruits or their parents read all of this it will ultimately discourage them. No one knows the truth other than the players and the coaches. For the record my son gets along very well with each and every one of his teammates and is highly regarded in that aspect, that has never been an issue. Once again, if anyone wants to have a direct conversation my DM is always open.
Mr Horne, congrats to your son! I wish him nothing but the best. I will be rooting him on wherever he decides to continue his career. A heck of a player!

CB2K

Good luck to your son. He was nothing but a class act here.
Yes, nothing but best wishes for DJ. We really enjoyed watching him play for the Redbirds and we know he will excel wherever he lands. Many on here are saddened he is leaving and wish he would have stayed. When someone valued and admired leaves a program it will bring out all kinds of emotions from posters trying to figure out the reasons and expressing their disappointment. However, this will not only include well wishers but unfortunately it will include the usual suspects that never say one positive thing about Redbird players or coaches or the university they claim as their alma mater. Please disregard these people's posts because they do not represent the majority of people that post on here. Honestly, a minority of posters on here are old guys that are bitter and disgruntled about anything and everything in life and are poor representations of the Redbird fan base and have never learned what it means to have class.

Glad for the time DJ spent as a Redbird and of course we wish he would have stayed but best of luck to him as he continues his basketball career. DJ is very talented and I was hoping to see him become one of the best guards in ISU history because the trajectory he was making was trending in that direction. God bless Mr. Horne.

AllFacts

Yes, nothing but best wishes for DJ. We really enjoyed watching him play for the Redbirds and we know he will excel wherever he lands. Many on here are saddened he is leaving and wish he would have stayed. When someone valued and admired leaves a program it will bring out all kinds of emotions from posters trying to figure out the reasons and expressing their disappointment. However, this will not only include well wishers but unfortunately it will include the usual suspects that never say one positive thing about Redbird players or coaches or the university they claim as their alma mater. Please disregard these people's posts because they do not represent the majority of people that post on here. Honestly, a minority of posters on here are old guys that are bitter and disgruntled about anything and everything in life and are poor representations of the Redbird fan base and have never learned what it means to have class.

Glad for the time DJ spent as a Redbird and of course we wish he would have stayed but best of luck to him as he continues his basketball career. DJ is very talented and I was hoping to see him become one of the best guards in ISU history because the trajectory he was making was trending in that direction. God bless Mr. Horne.
Understood and I appreciate your support.

Top Bottom