MVC Awards

ricohill

It was an individual honor, not a program. Not everything basketball-related requires an indictment.
I wasn’t making it about any one player. Just making a point that the experts seem to making a judgement on our roster.

SgtHulka

I wasn’t making it about any one player. Just making a point that the experts seem to making a judgement on our roster.
Never been a fan of bottom half team players being first teamers. Third team is fair.

CaliRdBrd

During yesterday's call, Ben Jacobsen had some nice things to say about the Redbird offense. I'm not really a fan of it, but one of, if not the most respected coaches in the league seems to suggest is it tough to play against. Coach Jake starts around 8:15 mark.

You’re kidding right? It’s coach-speak to play up your opponent (or in this case, their anemic offense) no matter how shitty they are. Coaching 101 clearly states that you are never to give the opposition any bulletin board material.

CaliRdBrd

and? your point? Ohhhhh he's 1 dimensional. Again thanks Rico, you are a stat guy I see, good for you. On any team, you are as good(individually) as the TEAM. Not going to continue, but as I stated before, thank you and have yourself a nice day sir!!
Key issue I take with this post is the compassions to a kid (Penn) that's been in college for 4 years vs a kid that has been for 2. Drake isn't ISU hands down, (they have much better pieces, insert DJ and his numbers soarrrrr) Give it time, DJ was on the All Freshman team just a year ago, all his numbers improved this season despite injuries. Let's hope this trend continues

..... just my opinion!!!

Love what Washington & Fleming are turning into, and with more confidence they will add very valuable floor production on both ends of the ball.

Dusan is improving at the right time, let's hope he brings his "A" game Thursday night.

I really like our chances if, Reeves/Strong catch fire, we can play together and limit our TO's we might just get out of Thursday night.
When they’re supposed to be getting more comfortable, both Washington and Fleming have disappeared. What gives you hope? Seriously?

Trey_Guidry4three

I've said this before and I will say it again we will win the ball game Thursday night. Loyola we will play with and give a hard time on Friday. I would not be surprised if we string a few really good halves of basketball together here. I'm so confident about this that I placed a $20k bet for Thursday straight up vs UNI. If we ultimately win half of the proceeds will go to local charity in Bloomington-Normal

ISU86

I've said this before and I will say it again we will win the ball game Thursday night. Loyola we will play with and give a hard time on Friday. I would not be surprised if we string a few really good halves of basketball together here. I'm so confident about this that I placed a $20k bet for Thursday straight up vs UNI. If we ultimately win half of the proceeds will go to local charity in Bloomington-Normal

dubious, especially since the UNI/ISU winner plays DU (not LU) on Friday ...

CaliRdBrd

Sounds like you’ve done well for yourself with the ability to make a bet of that magnitude - congrats. Seriously.
That said, you’d (we’d) be better served with you putting all that cash towards a Muller buyout.

cpacmel

DJ is more than deserving of 2nd team. He's among the top 10 players in the conference. I know Hefferman had him 2nd team, and so did the Student writers.

I'm surprised Dusan didn't get some attention for newcomer. His #'s are pretty good, especially when compared to a guy like Demarcus Sharp.

Washington had to be close for all Freshman team as well.

Redbird222

Shots fired Rico, point taken, you say he's one dimensional ....so he's the reason for this team not winning?

Who said he was quitting? Never mentioned it!

DJ could care less about an individual award (IMO), the kid values winning any day of the week!

Maybe I should bring his family to this board so they can see for themselves the level of hate, Rico you're soooo Tough, bet you could never say these things to someone face, would you say it to his dad's face?
He is 5th in steals per game.

Baltimore Bird

Great award for DJ. I too would have him 2nd team.
Childs at BU...How is this possible? He misses their last 6 or so games in a MVC season of 18 games and he is SUSPENDED, not injured. What a joke.

Top Bottom