MVC Awards

AllFacts

Stop being over dramatic.

3rd team is a participation award. They create that so bad teams can have someone win something. Lots of players work hard. If DJ or any player wants respect or pats on the back, win something.

If DJ Horne leaves he leaves. Or he could get better, not be one dimensional (shooter), and win.

I don’t know if you are family or a friend, but if his attitude is to quit and leave because of a message board not giving him enough compliments then he’s not going to be happy anywhere.
Shots fired Rico, point taken, you say he's one dimensional ....so he's the reason for this team not winning?

Who said he was quitting? Never mentioned it!

DJ could care less about an individual award (IMO), the kid values winning any day of the week!

Maybe I should bring his family to this board so they can see for themselves the level of hate, Rico you're soooo Tough, bet you could never say these things to someone face, would you say it to his dad's face?

ricohill

Any one else thinks DJ is one dimensional?
He’s got a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio (the leader is Penn from drake at 2.4 to 1). Out of 61 players that qualify in the MVC he is 32nd in turnover rate. 15th in assist rate. He’s 16th in total offensive rating.

In MVC games only. he’s not in the top 10 of rebounding, assists, or assist to turnover ratio.

*Also, he has the 14th worst 2 point percentage in the entire league.

*9th worst in all of MVC scoring at the rim.

So hard to say he’s multi-dimensional when he’s that low inside the arc.

This is all before adding in defense.

Last edited:

ricohill

Shots fired Rico, point taken, you say he's one dimensional ....so he's the reason for this team not winning?

Who said he was quitting? Never mentioned it!

DJ could care less about an individual award (IMO), the kid values winning any day of the week!

Maybe I should bring his family to this board so they can see for themselves the level of hate, Rico you're soooo Tough, bet you could never say these things to someone face, would you say it to his dad's face?
I don’t recall blaming him for losing. All I said is he and the other players have to get a lot better to win.

No hate, just facts.

AllFacts

He’s got a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio (the leader is Penn from drake at 2.4 to 1). Out of 61 players that qualify in the MVC he is 32nd in turnover rate. 15th in assist rate. He’s 16th in total offensive rating.

In MVC games only. he’s not in the top 10 of rebounding, assists, or assist to turnover ratio.

and? your point? Ohhhhh he's 1 dimensional. Again thanks Rico, you are a stat guy I see, good for you. On any team, you are as good(individually) as the TEAM. Not going to continue, but as I stated before, thank you and have yourself a nice day sir!!

ricohill

and? your point? Ohhhhh he's 1 dimensional. Again thanks Rico, you are a stat guy I see, good for you. On any team, you are as good(individually) as the TEAM. Not going to continue, but as I stated before, thank you and have yourself a nice day sir!!
You are taking it personally. It’s not personal.

jamminjamarsmiley

Who cares about individual award really, horne has yet to lead ISU out of the Thursday play in games. We will remember those who win. DJ has a winning % of .309 while wearing a RBF uniform.

AllFacts

You are taking it personally. It’s not personal.
No, not at all! You are very much entitled to your opinion. My apologies if you saw it that way!! Dj is a sophomore guard, trying to do the very best he can under the circumstances! I'm rooting for the kid to grow and lead the Redbirds to a W on Thursday.

Bird Friend

This board is . . .

rain sunset GIF by Living Stills

Redbird Alum 2004

Really happy to see DJ get honored. Congrats DJ! I really thought he had a shot at second team this year. Kid has kept improving as the season goes on. The fact Childs is second team is a joke. Next year DJ will prolly be preseason second team and finish first team. His other stats will improve as the players around him improve.

ISU86

Wow, not one single, "Congratulations DJ", on this thread .....really speaks to the level of the Fan base view on the kid's hard work and efforts .... this kid has worked (battled back after injury) his tail off to be recognized despite the disappointing season we've had. Just wow, wow! Some are quick to stay he's transferring but I wouldn't blame him now if he did. No love for DJ!! I'm convinced of that!!!
hard to acknowledge someone's accomplishment when the first posts out of the box are the standard bitch and moan; cannot even praise the kid without first lining up their other usual targets (otherwise I would have no real feel for how jammin, rico and tbs stand on things)

AllFacts

*Also, he has the 14th worst 2 point percentage in the entire league.

*9th worst in all of MVC scoring at the rim.

So hard to say he’s multi-dimensional when he’s that low inside the arc.

Key issue I take with this post is the comparison to a kid (Penn) that's been in college for 4 years vs a kid that has been for 2. Drake isn't ISU hands down, (they have much better pieces, insert DJ and his numbers soarrrrr) Give it time, DJ was on the All Freshman team just a year ago, all his numbers improved this season despite injuries. Let's hope this trend continues

..... just my opinion!!!

Love what Washington & Fleming are turning into, and with more confidence they will add very valuable floor production on both ends of the ball.

Dusan is improving at the right time, let's hope he brings his "A" game Thursday night.

I really like our chances if, Reeves/Strong catch fire, we can play together and limit our TO's we might just get out of Thursday night.

Last edited:

AllFacts

Who cares about individual award really, horne has yet to lead ISU out of the Thursday play in games. We will remember those who win. DJ has a winning % of .309 while wearing a RBF uniform.
Fair post, how many MVC's has he played in, oh just 1 so far. Hoping for a W on Thursday, however DJ can't do it alone, it take a total team effort!

ricohill

hard to acknowledge someone's accomplishment when the first posts out of the box are the standard bitch and moan; cannot even praise the kid without first lining up their other usual targets (otherwise I would have no real feel for how jammin, rico and tbs stand on things)
Sorry, I apologize for not being positive enough about finishing tenth.

Birdfriend72

Any one else thinks DJ is one dimensi

Fair post, how many MVC's has he played in, oh just 1 so far. Hoping for a W on Thursday, however DJ can't do it alone, it take a total team effort!
DJ can't do it if Muller doesn't run plays do do it. Watch thursday night...and tell me how many times the 3-4 guards at the top leave the perimeter? They don't cut...they are easy to defend. When they are ice cold...they are really easy. Our offense has no movement. Our defense could be solid. Our guards should be running a press like 1-2-2. If our strengths are our guards- you need to run the game plan around them. Jacobson isn't going to just let you stand there and score. He is smarter than that!

Top Bottom