Redbirds v Northern Iowa 2/26 8:00 PM ESPNU

jamminjamarsmiley

And how many times did YOU post on the Bradley game thread a week ago? Once, and that was in regards to the 1984 Redbirds-Braves video link that was referenced. Pretty quiet that night.

It is like anything in life. Easy to be a frontrunner.
Front runner??? You better watch who the hell you’re calling a front runner buddy. Why the hell would I post on a thread when ISU beat a BU team that was missing 4 core players. What did you want me to say? “HOORAY! Dan just won the special Olympics game of the week”

clown show on rbf continues

Redbird Alum 2004

Man the same 4 or 5 for Dan people come out every loss but they mysteriously disappear every win... Weird. We had a bad shooting night. Tomorrow we win. Bad shooting nights happen. But yes please turn this into a fire Dan thread instead of critiquing the actual game activity.

Redbird Alum 2004

Front runner??? You better watch who the hell you’re calling a front runner buddy. Why the hell would I post on a thread when ISU beat a BU team that was missing 4 core players. What did you want me to say? “HOORAY! Dan just won the special Olympics game of the week”

You are there only clown show in town. But the show only arrives when the birds lose.

jamminjamarsmiley

I
Man the same 4 or 5 for Dan people come out every loss but they mysteriously disappear every win... Weird. We had a bad shooting night. Tomorrow we win. Bad shooting nights happen. But yes please turn this into a fire Dan thread instead of critiquing the actual game activity.
If you think the reason isu lost is because of a “bad shooting night” your basketball iq is pretty low. Did you watch tht game?

also there’s so many losses, I wish I could say I come out here and post after all of them, don’t have enough time to do that

Birdfriend72

Man the same 4 or 5 for Dan people come out every loss but they mysteriously disappear every win... Weird. We had a bad shooting night. Tomorrow we win. Bad shooting nights happen. But yes please turn this into a fire Dan thread instead of critiquing the actual game
I

If you think the reason isu lost is because of a “bad shooting night” your basketball iq is pretty low. Did you watch tht game?

also there’s so many losses, I wish I could say I come out here and post after all of them, don’t have enough time to do that
That’s because he didn’t see the turnovers and poor shot selection!

Brick

Two comments. One I really have a problem when half it more of your shots come from three. Especially on nights you can’t throw it in the ocean. When we went inside we made a game of it. Dusan and Sossoko were a combined 10/14. Soon as we got close we started chukking up threes again. Game over. Second Dusan dribbling. He was 7/10 and probably 7 or 8 of those shots he dribbled to score. He may have had a couple of turnovers but I certainly cannot fault that when the team had 18 turnovers. One problem I have with Dan is he thinks 25 threes are good shots. They might be in a game of HORSE but not in a real situation.

gobirds85

Bad shooting night?!? Please take a look at our record and where we are for the third straight season. Teams that shoot well usually do not have to suit up for the Thursday night play in game.

Lil jimmy worthless has breathed a sigh of relief as the moniker of " Mr. Thursday Night" has been hoisted off his shoulders and placed squarely upon dan's. We need to look at the bright side in all of this...think of the $$$ we save by just going down Thursday am, getting beat Thursday pm and back on the bus Thursday right after the game. No hotel costs, additional food expenses, etc...

Gee, I wonder what we could do with the $$$ we save?

Baltimore Bird

Passing was atrocious. Hard to watch. One deflection after another. We should have had more turnovers. A few of them bounced back to us.
Get with 44-40 as I remember and miss an open 3. I thought that was a good shot by Reeves. Soon it was 54-40. I may not have score exactly right, but that is the general idea.
I will keep watching, but total regression last night AGAIN.

stats

Good shooters always believe they are going to make their shots. If you let them decide when they are going to shoot, they will shoot too much and not pass it inside enough. They will also begin to second guess when they should shoot. An offense with more defined rules stating when a person will shoot would also help in the offensive rebounding category.

ISU86

Cool your jets! You made the comment on how a certain faction weren't posting tonight during/after a loss, when you (and some others of similar thinking) didn't during/after a win. Apparentlly last Thursday night it was okay for you to go dark, but last night it was not okay (according to you) for others to do the same thing. Nothing more than that.

Yes, frontrunner as in getting the narrative/storyline you wanted and jumping on it.

SgtHulka

How can anyone support the product on the court? Remember this is happening against a watered down UNI squad with a very young group. The whole youth excuse can’t fly here. Fire Dan, this is a national television embarrassment
Cutty say cant hang? They are young, you can't use we are young.... Could you at least split your contradictions in to separate posts?

jamminjamarsmiley

I think there was a comprehension problem there...

The simple point I was making was the kool aid crew needed to find their new excuse for the UNI losses. Usually they come back with “well we are young!”. Unfortunately UNI was also young, and that excuse didn’t fly last weekend. Was just waiting for the next one. Best I heard was it was just an off shooting night. Maybe the parents in the crowd distracted the players.

I don’t know but kool aid crew here never admits the team got out coached and outplayed.

SgtHulka

Don’t worry...as soon as Muller is gone Sgt. will be brown nosing the new coach and saying he wanted a new coach all along...but that he was worried how it look with Muller being a former great player.
finding a post by me that gushes over Muller are as hard to find an a good realtor. I've made my position clear in the past. Just because I don't come here to cry on shoulders constantly doesn't mean I want him as the team's coach. I've been done with the experiment for a few years now. But even if I whined as much as you do about him, he would still be our coach right now. But keep on spinning your narrative

Birdfriend72

finding a post by me that gushes over Muller are as hard to find an a good realtor. I've made my position clear in the past. Just because I don't come here to cry on shoulders constantly doesn't mean I want him as the team's coach. I've been done with the experiment for a few years now. But even if I whined as much as you do about him, he would still be our coach right now. But keep on spinning your narrative
lol- my feelings are hurt.

SgtHulka

I think there was a comprehension problem there...

The simple point I was making was the kool aid crew needed to find their new excuse for the UNI losses. Usually they come back with “well we are young!”. Unfortunately UNI was also young, and that excuse didn’t fly last weekend. Was just waiting for the next one. Best I heard was it was just an off shooting night. Maybe the parents in the crowd distracted the players.

I don’t know but kool aid crew here never admits the team got out coached and outplayed.
Are we not young? Is it against your rules to state so? I've said here dozens of times here that our youth is due to roster churn. And as long as that churn occurs we will stay young. And I am not a proponent of that happening each season. It has kept us from a chance at excelling. It has stop, one way or another.

Top Bottom