James Robinson

JHBird

It might be a little tougher for him the rest of the season. I think the rest of the teams now will be ready for him. Hopefully the Lions shutting him down was an outlier. Seems like he could score 10 TD's this year, which would be great.

fourthandshort

And all o' you who picked him to fill out your lineup, 'cuz Redbirds, are saying you knew this was gonna happen the whole time. Amirite?
Nope, but after his shrine week and combine, i thought he could be solid starter in the right place or good back up. But yes, he has been a pleasant surprise to me. Though his skill set is exactly what i would have expected.

I think the main surprise is how quickly he figured out how to play at this level. We all knew his field vision is exceptional, but he adapted immediately to speed of NFL game ... holes close faster, players are bigger, and defenses are smarter. He figured it out right away ... his decision making in traffic is just better than i thought for next level.

Redbirdwarrior

What were the odds of that when you took it? +10000?

I'd love to have him be the ROY, but it'll be hard to beat some of these guys for 16 games.

MadBird

JRob having a very nice game so far at the half - 2 TD's, 14 carries for 82 yards, 3 receptions for 15 yards. He's looking very tough. Did a "Michael Jordan" switch of the ball from right to left hand diving at the pylon for one of the scores. O'Shaughnessy 2 catches for 26 yards too, looking good.

redbirdfan04

He played great but he was looking tired and beat up at the end of the game. Hopefully the bye week will help.

MadBird

He played great but he was looking tired and beat up at the end of the game. Hopefully the bye week will help.
Seemed to me like he took more snaps yesterday than other games I watched. Even tho he had been getting passes, they seemed to sub him out on third downs frequently in past games. Yesterday, seemed like he stayed in more. They even had him set up more in the slot a couple times, I hadn't seen that before.

redbirdfan04

MadBird, Chris Thompson was put ont he COVID 19 list this week which gave James basically the call on every play. They put a WR in the backfield a few times but you correct the kid played almost everydown. It was like watching a 90's game again at times.

MadBird

MadBird, Chris Thompson was put ont he COVID 19 list this week which gave James basically the call on every play. They put a WR in the backfield a few times but you correct the kid played almost everydown. It was like watching a 90's game again at times.
Ahh, thanks, I did not catch that.

Redbirdwarrior

Dude scored 32 fantasy points. Imagine if he were playing for a team with literally any other weapons. It is possible he is catching passes from Trevor Lawrence next year.

Total Red

Staff member
Dude scored 32 fantasy points. Imagine if he were playing for a team with literally any other weapons. It is possible he is catching passes from Trevor Lawrence next year.
Gardner Minshew is a good QB. If the Jags have a chance to take T. Lawrence they should take him but Robinson isn't the only weapon.

Adunk33

The Jets might have something to say about that...

redbirdfan04

On ESPN Saturday night they were talking about Lawerence. He has been given advice to stay in school if the Jets are the #1 pick this year. Can you imagine staying in school because playing for the Jets would be that bad.

Adunk33

What were the odds of that when you took it? +10000?

I'd love to have him be the ROY, but it'll be hard to beat some of these guys for 16 games.
Burrow is going to win it but I took James as soon as he went on the board. He was +950 at the time. I think by story alone he should get it. Undrafted to No.1 guy on his team. Amazing. If he continues to play at the level he is, I'm thinking he finishes in the top 3.

Adunk33

On ESPN Saturday night they were talking about Lawerence. He has been given advice to stay in school if the Jets are the #1 pick this year. Can you imagine staying in school because playing for the Jets would be that bad.
I heard that too. Lawrence could pull the Eli Manning card, too. Just straight up say he doesn't want to play for the Jets. I think it's risky for him to play another year. I'm always fearful of injuries.

Redbirdwarrior

Burrow is going to win it but I took James as soon as he went on the board. He was +950 at the time. I think by story alone he should get it. Undrafted to No.1 guy on his team. Amazing. If he continues to play at the level he is, I'm thinking he finishes in the top 3.
An undrafted rookie in Jacksonville went off at 9.5-1? That seems like terrible odds. I would have expected AT LEAST 30-1 but honestly like 80-1.

Adunk33

An undrafted rookie in Jacksonville went off at 9.5-1? That seems like terrible odds. I would have expected AT LEAST 30-1 but honestly like 80-1.
Agreed. I checked every day for him to be on the board and he didn't get on at my book until October 1- following a 2TD performance against Miami. My timing was probably bad. He's listed now with the 7th best odds at 38-1.
Justin Herbert is actually the heavy favorite right now.

Top Bottom