5 leaving BIRDS team...

The place to talk Redbird Women's Basketball

normalbird
Freshman

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:17 pm

No real surprise here. I wish nothing but good for these 5 young women, whether that means going to another school where they would be able to get more playing time, or staying at ISU and working toward graduation.

If there is a villain in this saga, it would be the coaches who recruited these women to compete at a D1 level.

Now let’s see if Coach Gillespie can fill her 3 remaining slots with transfers or others who bring the same talent as her first recruit class.

Bdub777
Freshman

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 am

normalbird wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:17 pm
No real surprise here. I wish nothing but good for these 5 young women, whether that means going to another school where they would be able to get more playing time, or staying at ISU and working toward graduation.

If there is a villain in this saga, it would be the coaches who recruited these women to compete at a D1 level.

Now let’s see if Coach Gillespie can fill her 3 remaining slots with transfers or others who bring the same talent as her first recruit class.
I agree.! This is an unfortunate but bold and courageous move by HCKG

Adunk33
Senior

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:58 am

I appreciate and was surprised by Coach's honesty here. She could have done the coach speak and say, "it was decided they would look for a better fit/opportunity for (player) and I wish them well." Bravo.

Humdinger
Senior

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Tell you what, peeps. We've got ourselves a Coach and a leader!!

JHBird
Sophomore

Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:58 pm

I definitely feel for these young woman and wish them the best of luck. I'm sure some of it was a talent issue, but it might also be that they didn't fit the coach's scheme, which I assume is different from the previous coach. I was a little shocked, but I'm pretty sure the Bradley's men's coach trimmed some people when he took over. I'll bet we sign a JC player, hopefully another like Simon Goods.

MadBird
Sophomore

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:43 pm

I wish we had a "recruiting hawk" or two keeping track of Coach G and company and what they're up to. Not sure the resources are out there to do that, internet sites, etc. but curiosity is killing me!

• Information