If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Pelini to LSU??

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

MadBird
Senior

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Interesting rumor from footballscoop.com:

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... -position/
Bo Pelini is a strong candidate for the LSU defensive coordinator position, sources tell FootballScoop on Monday

From Pelini’s perspective, source tells FootballScoop Bo would like to have assurances that his brother Carl would become head coach at Youngstown before making this move if possible.
Also said Pelini has been DC at LSU before, prior to his move to Nebraska.
TIMMY
Senior

Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Bo Pelini is no Dave Aranda.
The FOE feature is easily accessible on the top line of your User Control Panel. :D
StLRedbird
Junior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:31 am

There's some talk on ysupenguins about Pelini needing assurances that his son, Carl, be named head coach if he leaves. Carl is the current DC there, but that's just wrong. Here's a link if you want to check in on them.

http://ysupenguins.com/forum/index.php/ ... 996.0.html
DannyCooksey
Senior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 am

Pellini is terrible. That would be a horrendous hire by Ed Orgeron.
fourthandshort
Senior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:44 am

DannyCooksey wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 am
Pellini is terrible. That would be a horrendous hire by Ed Orgeron.
even as a DC ??
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!
TIMMY
Senior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:05 am

He'd be replacing a great defensive mind. I wouldn't want to be the guy to follow Dave. Quiet, humble, brilliant.
The FOE feature is easily accessible on the top line of your User Control Panel. :D
fourthandshort
Senior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:33 am

TIMMY wrote:
He'd be replacing a great defensive mind. I wouldn't want to be the guy to follow Dave. Quiet, humble, brilliant.
are you inferring Pelini is not quiet and humble ???? :o
TIMMY
Senior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 am

fourthandshort wrote:
TIMMY wrote:
Umm no not Pellini.
MadBird
Senior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:00 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 am
fourthandshort wrote:
TIMMY wrote:
Umm no not Pellini.
Over on the basketball board they're talking about coaches being "intense and nutty" - Bo's got both of those covered!
MadBird
Senior

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Interesting update from footballscoop.com today. Would have to say it sounds like Pelini will stay at YSU. The article claims he's had interest from the NFL but also turned them down?? I don't know, had no idea YSU was such a desirable destination! ;)

https://footballscoop.com/news/an-update-on-bo-pelini/
Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that LSU reached out to Pelini to gauge his interest when Dave Aranda was considering the possibility of leaving to become head coach at UNLV back in early December.
Pelini, sources tell FootballScoop, was willing to consider the possibility but also had both family and “football family” concerns that would have to be overcome before making a move. Pelini’s youngest daughter, we’re told, is in her junior year of high school and Bo would prefer to allow her to finish high school in Youngstown before moving. Furthermore, as we reported yesterday, Bo would want assurances from Youngstown that his brother Carl, and the rest of his staff, would be retained.
He's making it tough to be hired! More in the article.
Virginia Redbird
Junior

Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:17 am

You can't take seriously anything any coach says when jobs are in the works. They will deny and then leave. Happens all the time. That being said, it does not seem he is under any real pressure at YSU (The Birds probably helped him out by laying a MAMMOTH egg in Youngstown). He has some family issues to consider (daughter in High School and brother on the staff). He appears to have a pretty decent young QB to work with next year. At least he looked pretty decent against a tough Redbird Defense. My guess is we see Pelini next year at least and probably another couple years.
“When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”
John Madden
fourthandshort
Senior

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 am

MadBird wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm
Interesting update from footballscoop.com today. Would have to say it sounds like Pelini will stay at YSU. The article claims he's had interest from the NFL but also turned them down?? I don't know, had no idea YSU was such a desirable destination! ;)

https://footballscoop.com/news/an-update-on-bo-pelini/
Multiple sources tell FootballScoop that LSU reached out to Pelini to gauge his interest when Dave Aranda was considering the possibility of leaving to become head coach at UNLV back in early December.
Pelini, sources tell FootballScoop, was willing to consider the possibility but also had both family and “football family” concerns that would have to be overcome before making a move. Pelini’s youngest daughter, we’re told, is in her junior year of high school and Bo would prefer to allow her to finish high school in Youngstown before moving. Furthermore, as we reported yesterday, Bo would want assurances from Youngstown that his brother Carl, and the rest of his staff, would be retained.
He's making it tough to be hired! More in the article.
a rediculous expectation ... what new head coach would come in and accept all of the previous head coach's assistants ?? Nobody worth a dime would accept that.
Chi-bird
Junior

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:37 pm

I actually have some newfound respect for Bo Pelini, thinking about how a job at LSU could negatively affect others in his family.
cpacmel
Senior

Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:00 pm

MadBird
Senior

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:18 pm

Chi-bird wrote:
I actually have some newfound respect for Bo Pelini, thinking about how a job at LSU could negatively affect others in his family.
Spose the $2M will help with the negative effects . . . . :roll:
Virginia Redbird
Junior

Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:39 am

Chi-bird wrote:
And that new found respect goes POOF! ;)
“When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”
John Madden
TIMMY
Senior

Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm

:think: Hmmmmmmmm Red Stick, Louisiana and $ 2 Million sure beats the hell out of Youngstown, Ohio and any amount.
Reggie Redbird
Sophomore

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:47 pm

After Pelini's Nebraska buyout money ended in February 2019, this does not surprise me. He's going to have a lot more eyes on him as LSU's DC, but he's going to earn about 7-8 times per year what he did at LSU.

To me, he's the type of coach that would fit in better in Starkville, MS; Lubbock, TX; Pullman, WA (essentially Mike Leach's destination but they have different personalities). Even KU would have been a good fit for him. He needs to be in a place where donors are important but realize their location or history is a tougher draw to get the perfect coach.
Chi-bird
Junior

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:00 pm

MadBird wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:18 pm
Chi-bird wrote:
Spose the $2M will help with the negative effects . . . . :roll:
Heck yeah. He could give let his daughter stay back, and pay 3 or 4 full time bodyguards, cooks, etc. to give her a comfy senior year, and then have her fly home to Baton Rouge every other weekend.
MadBird
Senior

Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Oh, and about that stuff about Brother Carl becoming HC . . . . . never mind!

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/footbal ... ching-job/

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
Youngstown State (FCS): Kentucky associate head coach / tight ends coach Vince Marrow “is in talks” with Youngstown State about their head coaching job, according to Kentucky Sports Radio.