If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Carson Camp, QB, Normal West

Moderator: Football Moderators

Birdswin
Junior

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:51 pm

I see a Facebook post from the Camp's with Carson wearing a Redbird Jersey. Very interesting.

Carson started as a Sophomore at West and had an outstanding Junior year - to the third round of the 6A playoffs. Carson has very good instincts in the pocket to "feel" pressure and buy time. Has excellent leadership skills and that intangible ability to do what has to be done to win games. Lead the Wildcats on 4 - 4th quarter drives last Fall that won games late. One was on the last play of the game. Another was in the second round of the playoffs vs Shepard HS of Palos Heights.

Has a great arm and can run when needed - does not run a lot, but when he does, it is very effective. Carson would be an outstanding addition. I know - he has visited several MAC schools last Fall in addition to Hancock Stadium.
Adunk33
Senior

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:33 pm

Is he a junior? I think a week ago or so the football team hosted a whole squad of juniors and got most of them in jerseys for photos. We've offered Camp. So has Indiana State.
Birdswin
Junior

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Carson is a currently a Junior. Will be a Senior next football season. His sister was the softball pitcher when West lost in extra innings in the State Softball Championship game - Redbirds did not recruit her - she is at Seton Hall and was the Big East pitcher of the year last season. Big Miss. People underestimate the talent levels at Normal & Normal West.
Birdswin
Junior

Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:55 am

Well, pictures of Carson at Western Michigan at their indoor practice facility - looks very strange with dark brown turf - makes it look like there is a dirt floor.
Jesus Shuttlesworth
Freshman

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Excellent kid. Excellent additude, with an edge. Coached him in Jr High. Hope he gets D-1 interest.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Birdswin
Junior

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 am

Well Shuttlesworth, so far every school that Carson has visited is D-1 - no need to worry. Schools I know he had visited to date besides ISU are: Western Michigan, Central Michigan, and South Dakota.
TIMMY
Senior

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:19 am

Can he throw a 15 yard out from the opposite hash? Yes. His hudl tape doesn't lie. He makes all the throws. And I would expect Normal would show up to watch him on Saturday. This might be a full scholie kid and we don't do that very often
The FOE feature is easily accessible on the top line of your User Control Panel. :D
cpacmel
Senior

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:17 am